All this tasks apply to France Region and French Speaking cities (CANADA) - MADRID BASED POSITION (SPAIN)This job position reports to Global Managing Editor (based in Spain)
Fever is the leading entertainment discovery platform, with a mission to inspire people through experiences. We are looking for bar-raisers that want to work hard, have fun and make history with us. Fever combines its marketplace and Secret Media Network (Secret London, Secret NYC, Madrid Secreto, Paris Secret, etc) through technology to reach over 15 million people per week. Fever has also rolled out the Fever Originals, which are proprietary events in which we follow a data-driven content creation strategy, using analytics to understand audiences and develop new experiences, such as La Casa de Papel Escape Room, Polar Sound in Baqueira, Candlelight concerts or El jardín de las Delicias Festival.
Secret Media Network is recruiting a social media producer, based in Madrid, to create amazing content for our French-language media publications in Paris, Lyon, Toulouse, Bordeaux, Brussels and Lille. We want to grow really fast, and as the voice of Paris Secret and more, you'll be an important part of the process!
- Creating, communicating and realising a creative vision for the whole Secret Media Network Family
- Alongside Managing Editor: Day-to-day performance management including:
- Targets for quantity of content published
- Progress through the SEO to-do list
- Quality and standards
- Competitor benchmarking (driving to always be most-shared in a city)
- Coaching new editors and training intensively to ensure consistency
- Writing and creating cross-platforms content across the french regions platforms
- Work with experienced editors to take our content to a new level in established cities, always with a view to extensible formats (e.g that can work in Madrid, Paris, Barcelona...)
- Steps in to 'kickstart' key initiatives at a content-creation level (e.g: creating 'first version' of a new article format, prototyping email formats, etc)
- Coordinate, assign and prioritize editorial work within the team.
- Cooperate with other Fever departments (Originals, Sales, ACQ) in meetings, presentations, proposals.
- Ability to do topic research: use of tools such as Google Trends, Crowdtangle & Google Analytics (and more to come)
- Ability to identify social trends to create content out of them
- Develop and analyze audience-growth strategies (alongside Growth Analyst)
- Works with the Global Managing Editor to...
- Celebrate 'wins' and best practice that can be implemented network-wide
- Find insight/analytic 'gaps' in our knowledge or toolset we can build or buy solutions for
- Raise alarms at processes or tactics that are not working, so we can fix quickly
- Hiring and firing within the team as needed to grow, change approach, or replace leavers (Global Managing Editor Supervision)
- Relevant experience writing for or working within a media publisher/large website.
- Team management experience (min 2 year experience)
- Knowledge and passion for Local Content
- Deep knowledge of the French & french speaking region media mapping
- Strong ability to work with external partners (advertising agencies, media agency, TV/Animation companies)
- Digital fluency
- Ability to inspire creative teams and customers
- Strong presentation skills
- Manage & supervise social media strategies on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok & more (alongside Social Media manager in region)
- Knowledge of CMS (WordPress)
- Data driven and business savvy persona
- Superb writing skills and creative flair
- Team player attitude
- Ability to use Photoshop and other image/video editing software
- Powerful media network contacts / connectionsBased in MADRID (Spain)
Starting date: Sept/Oct 2020
Full time Job Position
Salary Wedge: Experience related