Hi, we're Fever!
Fever is the leading entertainment discovery platform, with a mission of disrupting the experience economy using tech and data. We are looking for bar-raisers who want to work hard, have fun, and make history with us. Fever combines its marketplace and Secret Media Network (which includes Secret London, Secret NYC, Secret Los Angeles, Madrid Secreto, Paris Secret, and many others) to reach over 30 million people every single week. Fever has also rolled out Fever Originals, which are proprietary events in which we follow a data-driven content creation strategy, using analytics to understand audiences and develop new, unique experiences.
Fever is present in over 40 cities worldwide, in countries such as the US, UK, France, Australia, Spain, Brazil, and Portugal, and is continuously expanding to new markets. Fever is also backed by top-notch institutional investors, including Rakuten Capital, Accel, and Atresmedia. We have continued to disrupt the entertainment space during the pandemic, and launched the Stranger Things Drive Into together with Netflix — the largest event in the world in 2020!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Senior Finance & Strategy you will be playing a key role within the Finance Department working closely with the Global Head of Finance & Investor Relations, helping with the strategic financial advice to CEO/Founders & Investors.
You will be expected to demonstrate ownership and proactivity getting things done and making decisions based on facts and data in the financial planning and analysis area of a global high-growth business. The key responsibilities are as follows:
- Understand the historical financials and KPIs and make recommendations to management
- Update key reportings such as group monthly management accounts, per market performance, and other financial KPI’s
- Attend to current and new investor requests (quarterly updates, board meetings, and due diligences for financing rounds), and lead relationships with financial institutions
- Continuously update and own the Business Plan, identifying key growth drivers and opportunities (e.g. organic or M&A) and being agile in modeling different scenarios to react quickly to market changes
- Improve the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) processes for the group with the goal of optimizing cash and P&L in line with Business Plan
- Be a key stakeholder within the Finance Department (currently 12 people)
In order to be successful in this role, you will:
- Have an experience of over 4 years within audit and M&A (e.g. transaction services or investment banking)
- Be fluent in written and spoken english
- Be an Excel and Powerpoint “wizard” while applying common sense to the big picture
- Be an excellent team player eager to work hard to add both to the top and the bottom lines of the business, with a constant proactive approach
- Share our culture i) see opportunity where others see obstacles, ii) make decisions based on facts and data, iii) prioritize work and resources, iv) be “good and fast” instead of “perfect and slow”, v) follow up until it’s done and vi) be entrepreneurial and ambitious
You can expect to join a group of diverse, hardworking, and ambitious colleagues.
This role is located in Madrid, Spain.
- Stock options plan
- Opportunity to have a real impact in a high-growth global category leader
- 40% discount on all Fever events and experiences
- Work in a location in the heart of Madrid, with possible travel across our international markets
- Home office friendly
- Responsibility from day one and guaranteed professional and personal growth
- Great work environment with a young, international team of talented people to work and have fun with!
- Payroll advances via our partner Payflow
- English lessons
- Food & drink at the office