Fever is the leading entertainment discovery platform, with a mission to inspire people through experiences. We are looking for bar-raisers that want to work hard, have fun and make history with us. Fever combines its marketplace and Secret Media Network (Secret London, Secret NYC, Madrid Secreto, Paris Secret, etc) through technology to reach over 15 million people every single week. Fever has also rolled out Fever Originals, which are proprietary events in which we follow a data-driven content creation strategy, using analytics to understand audiences and develop new experiences.
Fever is present in London, New York, Los Angeles, Paris, Lisbon, Manchester, and Spain, and is in the process of expanding to new markets. Fever is also backed by top-notch institutional investors, including Atresmedia, Accel Partners, Rakuten and 14W Ventures.
Want to join the Secret Chicago team?
We're looking for a talented staff videographer to cover the best things to do in Chicago, for our upcoming Secret Chicago website, producing everything from fun Facebook pieces on cool venues, to longer quirky documentary formats for YouTube and ultra-short Instagram story formats.
What we need:
- Technically skilled and systematic in your approach, we can count on you to get the footage needed time after time
- Deep understanding of Premiere, After Effects, Media Encoder and other editing packages
- Solid news sense with strong ideas for what video topics and formats will resonate most strongly online
- A natural flair for visual storytelling, you know how to structure edits and order shots to keep viewers engaged
- A fluent English writer, you're comfortable writing your own witty and informative captions
- A decent grasp of the digital publishing landscape, changing trends in online video and how media companies like ours can best use various channels (Facebook, YouTube etc)
- Warm and professional, you make a positive addition to the team and act as a friendly, trusted intermediary with our commercial sponsors, PR contacts and others
- You're enthusiastic about Secret Chicago's mission of finding the coolest stuff in the city
Requirements for this role:
- Cleared permission to the work in the U.S.
- Ability to work flexible hours from time to time
- 2+ years video/photo experience
- A recent showreel demonstrating your work
- A covering letter that explains why you're a great fit for the job
- Social media experience will be a plus
What you’ll be doing on a daily basis:
- Identifying exciting potential video/photo topics and arranging shoots
- Planning, storyboarding, scripting and even casting, to turn general concepts into highly watchable, sharable pieces
- Attending events and venues and capturing beautiful, inspiring footage using the gear provided (sometimes out of regular business hours)
- Editing material into captivating final cuts in various formats
- Applying colour grading, SFX, sound mixing and other post-production techniques using Premiere + After Effects
- Collaborating with our commercial team and our brand sponsors to deliver content that supports promotional activity
- Driving innovation in the video & photo team by tracking industry trends and experimenting with new material
What we can offer you:
- Make awesome videos & photos that'll be seen by millions of people
- Visit some of Chicago's coolest places, before anyone else
- VIP Discount on all Fever plans around the world (Concerts; Restaurants; Cinema; etc.)
- A motivated team to achieve epic things with!
- The chance to be part of Fever’s development in Chicago
The application process:
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to...
- Participate in an initial phone interview
- Complete a technical and creative task to demonstrate ability
- Attend a final in-person interview
We strongly recommend applying at your early convenience, as we'll close applications once we have enough strong candidates.