Hi, we're Fever!
Fever is the leading entertainment discovery platform, with a mission to inspire people through experiences. We are looking for bar-raisers who want to work hard, have fun, and make history with us. Fever combines its marketplace and Secret Media Network (such as Secret London, Secret NYC, Secret Los Angeles, Madrid Secreto, Paris Secret) through technology to reach over 30 million people every single week. Fever has also rolled out Fever Originals, which are proprietary events in which we follow a data-driven content creation strategy, using analytics to understand audiences and develop new, unique experiences.
Fever is present in over 80 cities worldwide, in countries such as the UK, US, France, Brazil, Portugal, Australia, and Spain, and is always in the process of expanding to new markets. Fever is also backed by top-notch institutional investors, including Rakuten Capital, Accel, and Atresmedia. We have continued to disrupt the entertainment space during the pandemic, and launched the Stranger Things Drive Into — the largest event in the world in 2020!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Global Accounting & Taxes Senior Manager you will be playing a key role within the Finance Department working closely with the Global Head of Finance & Investor Relations, developing the accounting and taxes function and processes.
You will be expected to demonstrate ownership and proactivity getting things done and making decisions to achieve an agile and accurate accounting function of a global high-growth business. The key responsibilities are as follows:
- Monitoring of Group’s accounting to ensure timely and compliant reporting.
- Monthly reconciliation and reporting, including accruals and provisions.
- Improve accounting & taxes process and reporting to make it agile and accurate, to scale together with current high business growth.
- Manage relationships with external accounting and taxes providers, as well as auditors.
- Coordinate with Legal and external providers proactively seeking grants provided by governments to the entertainment industry players like us in the countries where we operate in.
- Leading internal accounting and taxes team.
- Collaborate in financial reporting software tools development and adaptation, in order to improve accounting and taxes function and scalability.
- Be a key stakeholder within the Finance Department (currently +12 people)
In order to be successful in this role, you will:
- Have an experience of over 5-6 years within audit or similar functions (1-2 years of minimum managerial experience required) and currently living in Madrid.
- Experience in corporate is a plus
- Be fluent in written and spoken English to communicate with stakeholders around the world.
- Have experience in Group accounting and consolidation and knowledge of IFRS and Spanish GAAP
- Desirable knowledge of Navision tools and experience in entertainment industry.
- Be eager to grow & manage team (currently 3) and "Accounting & Tax" external providers
- Share our culture i) see opportunity where others see obstacles, ii) make decisions to scale internal processes, iii) prioritize work and resources, iv) follow up until it’s done and vi) be entrepreneurial and ambitious
You can expect to join a group of diverse, hardworking, and ambitious colleagues.
This role is located in Madrid, Spain.
- Opportunity to have a real impact in a high-growth global category leader
- 40% discount on all Fever events and experiences
- Work in a location in the heart of Madrid, with possible travel across our markets
- Home office friendly and flexible schedule
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Great work environment with a young, international team of talented people to work with!
- Health Insurance
- Flexible pay