Fever is the global events discovery platform, with a mission to entertain the world and bring us closer to each other. We are looking for bar-raisers, tech-lovers that want to work hard, have fun, and make history with us. Fever combines its digital marketplace and Secret Media Network (Secret London, Secret NYC, Madrid Secreto, Paris Secret, etc) through technology to reach over 30 million people every week.
Fever is also transforming how new entertainment is created across the world, with the international roll-out of our Fever Original content. These are proprietary experiences in which we follow a data-driven content creation strategy, using analytics to understand audiences, develop and optimize new formats.
Our technology is developed by a diverse team based out of our Madrid offices, serving our millions of users across the globe, from Hollywood to Broadway, the London West End, Paris, or Sydney.
About the Role
Fever is looking for a Data Scientist passionate about technology and the use of data and analytics. This is a rare opportunity to work in the New Ventures team to find and help to build next-generation experiences covering each of our international markets.
Fever uses a wide range of data sources to predict new trends and formats and to assess the potential interest of our audiences. The new team member will not only continuously digest and analyse this data but will also collaborate with data engineers to build scalable solutions to systematize and speed up the process of identifying what will become the next-generation of events and experiences in the entertainment industry.
This role requires maturity, pragmatism, intellectual curiosity, outstanding analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ideas and quickly turning them into action.
- Review, clean, validate and analyze available data to find new trends and opportunities for Fever to invest in
- Implement and improve new and existing data analysis methodologies
- Create and discover new data sources that could sharpen the reliability of our findings or/and speed up decision making
- Cooperate with IT department to deploy software and hardware upgrades that make it possible to leverage big data use cases
- Create metrics and reporting functions to measure and monitor the performance of new experiences and developments you recommended based on data
- Communicate findings and insights on a regular basis to other teams, including executive leadership. Document those findings.
Required Skills & Experience
- Engineering degree, with high achievement results
- Experience in data science, with a demonstrable ability to use tools such as SQL, Python, and R to work efficiently at scale
- Experience in data visualization and reporting
- Outstanding analytical skills, detail-oriented, proactive, and self-motivated with a track record of working independently and conducting research with minimal oversight
- Strong knowledge of analytical and data science tools
- English fluent, Spanish is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to collaborate cross-functionally and communicate complex topics to audiences with different backgrounds
- Ability to tell a story with data
- Opportunity to have a real impact in a high-growth global category leader
- Stock Options
- 40% discount on all Fever events and experiences
- Work in a location in the heart of Madrid, with possible travel across our markets
- Home office friendly and flexible schedule
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Great work environment with a young, international team of talented people to work with!
- English lessons
- Free fruit and drinks!