At Fever, our mission is to inspire people to discover offline entertainment in their city. We are looking for bar-raisers that want to work hard, have fun and make history with us. Fever combines its marketplace and Secret Media Network (Secret London, Secret NYC, Madrid Secreto, Paris Secret, etc) through technology, resulting in a weekly unique reach of over 15 million people. We are therefore offering the unique opportunity to actually make an impact.
Fever is already in London, New York, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, Los Angeles, Lisbon, Chicago and is in process of expanding to new markets! Fever is also backed by top-notch institutional venture capital firms, including Accel Partners, Fidelity, and 14W Ventures.
About the role
Focusen on the UK/IE/AUS/NZ regions, these will be some of your tasks:
- Finding brilliant stories and generating tons of article ideas
- Writing engaging, informative articles about things to do in your designated area
- Creating appealing content on behalf of our commercial partners
- Scheduling social posts and managing content calendars
- Driving innovation and excellence in the media market and working to bring our platform the next big thing
Please, bear in mind that this is a temporary role. You’ll be based in our office in Madrid Center and it’s a full-time, Mon-Fri type of role. With opportunities to get out and try the best new things in town!
- You have a native level of English
- At least a year of digital journalism experience, with published examples of work we can look at
- A vivacious command of the written word, with a warm and witty tone of voice
- Pace and discipline, able to deliver work quickly and to deadline
- Excellent news sense, with a natural instinct for finding stories that people want to read (and share with their friends!)
- A solid understanding of the digital publishing landscape including social media channels, SEO and industry trends
- A passion for all types of activities, especially food and drink, arts and culture, going places and doing new things!
- A confident handle on tech – someone able to jump from WordPress to Google Analytics to Photoshop, using the tools available to improve their work
- A delightful and determined attitude: someone who’s prepared to get stuck on whatever needs doing, big or small, and who’s ready to take on the competition but have fun at the same time.
About our perks & benefits
- 40% off in our plans!
- Great work environment and great people to work with :)
- Work in a location in the heart of Madrid — flexible schedule.
- Ping-pong and chill room
- Free fruits & drinks
- Excellent working conditions
- Flex work
The application process
We’d like someone to start as soon as possible, so we recommend applying at the earliest opportunity, as recruitment will close once as soon as we have the right slate of candidates.
Our application process includes a telephone interview, general aptitude test, written test where necessary, and in-person interview.