Fever is the leading entertainment discovery platform, with a mission to inspire people through experiences. We are looking for bar-raisers that want to work hard, have fun and make history with us. Fever combines its marketplace and Secret Media Network (Secret London, Secret NYC, Madrid Secreto, Paris Secret, etc) through technology to reach over 15 million people per week. Fever has also rolled out the Fever Originals, which are proprietary events in which we follow a data-driven content creation strategy, using analytics to understand audiences and develop new experiences.
Fever is present in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, UK, France, Portugal, and Spain, and is in process of expanding to new markets including your city! Fever is also backed by top-notch institutional investors, including Atresmedia, Accel Partners, Lab-Tech, and 14W Ventures.
About the Role
After the remarkable success of The Madhatter Gin & Tea Party in London, Los Angeles and New York: the Madhatter Gin & Tea party is coming to Washington, D.C. in winter 2020. We are looking for a local Producer / General Manager for this pop up immersive experience to join our team. The experience is a 1.5h cocktail immersive experience based on Alice in the Wonderland.
This role is a blend of Event Production, Stage Management, & Bar Operations. This is a freelance and a part-time position. Responsibilities will include:
- Identify potential venues through contacting and executing walk-throughs and negotiations
- Research and hire local director, casting director, providers and vendors
- Coordinate all aspects of pre-production
- Recruitment and training of staff
- Develop and run a process for the set up before shows and well as the reset of the venue between shows
- Set up a coordinated system for storage and handling of stock
- Stock management & ordering of mixers, ice & food as well as other supplies needed for the experience
- Hiring and management of suppliers if needed
- Coordination of schedules & invoicing of staff members including bar staff, actors and tech personnel within budget
- Coordination of shows and Stage Management (you are in charge of giving the go for each and assuring that everyone is in position, as well as all sound and lighting ques).
- Ensuring a high standard of cleanliness and safety in the venue, especially all COVID-related safety procedures
- Handle any problems/ special requests with guests
- Handle guestlist and assists with guests check-in procedures
- Weekly reporting on daily issues to management
- Opportunity to partake in an exciting and rapidly growing company and the possibility to manage other Fever Original Events in your city
- Represent both the Fever and Mad Hatters brand fully through professional communication and management; acting as the main customer service representative at every event
- This role is based in Washington, D.C
The contract will start immediately with ~10 hrs/week from August through November 2020 (Pre-production) and ~42+ hours per week (that should be split equally between 2 people) starting December 2020 and through February 2020 (Show run).
Contract could be extended based on the success of the project. The show runs from Thursday to Sunday several times per day (2/weekdays and 5/weekends).
You will be also required to dedicate some time during the week to invoicing, ordering and inventory.
- Pre-Production: August - October 2020
- Rehearsals: TBD in October/December 2020
- Load in and onsite training: December 2 - December 16 2020
- Show run: December 17 2020 - February 21 2021 (TBD)
Rate: To be determined based on experience and schedule.
- You have previous event production experience, immersive theater experience is a plus as well as bar or pop-up show experience
- You have stage management experience
- You are highly motivated and with a high energy profile. You are used to engage with the public and are able to stick to strict schedules for reset between shows
- You are able to work autonomously and at your own initiative
- You have excellent communication (persuading, negotiating and influencing skills)
- You know how to plan your own time appropriately to maximise business performance
- You are great at recruiting new and charismatic staff
- You are well connected within event and hospitality industry
- You are legally allowed to work in the US
- You are based in Washington, D.C