Editorial Executive (APAC Market)
Hi, we’re Fever!
Fever is the global leading live-entertainment discovery tech platform, with a clear mission: to democratize access to culture and entertainment.
Fever has developed a proprietary technology that inspires its global community of over 125M people through personalized and curated experiences in their local city, whilst empowering entertainment and event creators to reach new audiences and enhance their experiences.
Some successful examples include the “Candlelight Concert Series” attended by over 3 million guests, the Los Angeles based “Stranger Things: The Drive-Into Experience” co-produced with Netflix, or the “Van Gogh: The Immersive Experience” winner of USA Today's 10 Best Readers Choice award.
The company, present in over 100 major cities across the globe, is backed by leading investors such as Goldman Sachs, Alignment Growth (growth equity investor in global entertainment and consumer tech, led by former Warner Bros and Time Warner), Goodwater Capital (the largest dedicated consumer technology platform globally), Smash Capital (a late-stage venture capital firm led by former Disney and growth equity investors, backer of Epic Games), Eurazeo, Vitruvian Partners and Atresmedia among others.
To pursue our objective, we are looking for bar-raisers, people that want to work hard, have fun, and make history with us.
About the Team
Secret Media Network is a digital media group focused on recommending perfect plans, discovering great places, sharing things to do and relevant breaking news in different cities around the world. Our family is composed of Secret London, Secret Chicago, Secret LA, Secret NYC, Secret Sydney, Secret Melbourne, Lisboa Secreta, Paris Secret, Madrid Secreto, Barcelona Secreta, and more!
About The Role
Secret Media Network is recruiting an Editorial Executive, to create amazing content for our Media Outlets in the APAC region.
Reporting directly to our VP of Media your tasks will include:
- Managing a growing team of enthusiastic Managing editors, writers, video producers, and social media creatives
- 1-on-1 management, ensuring workflows are clear, and providing individual feedback
- Creating, communicating and releasing a creative vision for the whole Secret Media Network Family
- Alongside Managing Editor: Develop and maintain high editorial standards, adhering to the brand’s identity and tone of voice
- Lead and guide the APAC team to grow, inspire, and reach new audiences
- Work with experienced editors to take our content to a new level in established cities, always with a view to extensible formats
- Collate and interpret data for cities in your region based on SMN’s internal KPIs, and use these findings to inform future strategy.
- Identifying editorial partnership opportunities to bring SMN content to an ever-wider, diverse audience.
- Steps into 'kickstart' key initiatives at a content-creation level
- Coordinate, assign and prioritize editorial work within the team (alongside Project Managers and Managing Editor)
- Cooperate with other Fever departments (Marketing, Growth, Sales, Legal, Finance and Branded Content among others)
- Develop and analyze audience-growth strategies
- Celebrate 'wins' and best practices that can be implemented network-wide
- 4+ years experience working for a newsroom, content agency, creative agency, or digital media property.
- You’re a leader who’s comfortable managing a team, and supporting them to help achieve their goals (team management experience -min 4 years-)
- You have a native level of English (and Korean, if Korea based). A second language is a plus for us, but not necessary.
- You have a deep passion for journalism (specially local!), social media, and digital marketing.
- You have a deep knowledge of the APAC region media mapping
- Also, a strong ability to work with external partners (advertising agencies, media agency, TV/Animation companies)
- You have digital fluency. Also, hands-on knowledge and understanding of the current social media landscape.
- You're an avid consumer of platforms such as Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter…or whatever’s next!
- You have the ability to inspire creative teams and customers
- Also, strong presentation skills are a big plus
- You consider yourself to be a data-driven and business-savvy persona...
- ... with superb writing skills and creative flair
- You have a team player attitude
- You have the ability to use Photoshop. Also, you are familiar with WordPress, Canva. Another image/video editing software knowledge is a plus.
- Very much appreciated: Powerful media network contacts/connections
Benefits & Perks
- Attractive compensation package consisting of base salary and the potential to earn a significant bonus for top performance.
- Opportunity to have a real impact in a high-growth global category leader
- 40% discount on all Fever events and experiences
- Home office-friendly
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Great work environment with a young, international team of talented people to work with!
Fever is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workspace where everyone's backgrounds and ideas count. Our main goal is to find the best possible talent regardless of place of birth, racial or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, religion, opinion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, marital status, age, or caring responsibilities. We encourage everyone to apply!