Legal Counsel (MENA)-Commercial - Native Arabic
Hi, we’re Fever!
Fever is the global leading live-entertainment discovery tech platform, with a clear mission: to democratize access to culture and entertainment.
Fever has developed a proprietary technology that inspires its global community of over 125M people through personalized and curated experiences in their local city, whilst empowering entertainment and event creators to reach new audiences and enhance their experiences.
Some successful examples include the “Candlelight Concert Series” attended by over 3 million guests, the Los Angeles based “Stranger Things: The Drive-Into Experience” co-produced with Netflix, or the “Van Gogh: The Immersive Experience” winner of USA Today's 10 Best Readers Choice award.
The company, present in over 100 major cities across the globe, is backed by leading investors such as Goldman Sachs, Alignment Growth (growth equity investor in global entertainment and consumer tech, led by former Warner Bros and Time Warner), Goodwater Capital (the largest dedicated consumer technology platform globally), Smash Capital (a late-stage venture capital firm led by former Disney and growth equity investors, backer of Epic Games), Eurazeo, Vitruvian Partners and Atresmedia among others.
To pursue our objective, we are looking for bar-raisers, people that want to work hard, have fun, and make history with us.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Legal Counsel supporting the Middle East / North Africa (MENA) region, you will be based in Madrid. This role will require proactivity, autonomy, and drive. You will be involved in day-to-day legal support to the region, advise on corporate and operationally relevant matters to support the growth of the company in the MENA region, and draft and help commercial teams, negotiate commercial agreements with suppliers and clients, all within a fast-paced company undergoing an ambitious regional expansion.
You will familiarise yourself closely with Fever’s mission and vision, structure, strategy, and objectives, and leverage your legal background for one or more key projects that you will own from time to time. You will be expected to work in the following areas, across different jurisdictions within the MENA region, and will provide additional support to other jurisdictions around the world:
- Learning about legislation and MENA jurisdictions for the matters entrusted to you
- Drafting/revising key commercial contracts, terms and conditions, and similar legal documents
- Providing support to business teams and upper management in their negotiations
- Advising on general legal matters related to the MENA region
- Coordinate and prioritise work with external legal advisors
- Prepare/revise internal templates, guides, and similar knowledge management key documents
- Take responsibility for document management
- Participate in the ongoing compliance functions as required
- Prioritise your and others’ work
- Participate in the upskilling, support and growth of other team members
In order to be successful in this role, you will:
- Be a barred / practising lawyer, with 4 + years of PQE in the legal field (corporate or law firm)
- Have academic legal training in a MENA country, or 2+ PQE working with the region
- Speak fluent English and Arabic, with a command of legal English, fluency in another language a plus
- Have an excellent academic record or experience in top-notch companies or top-tier law-firms
- Have a keen eye for strategy and business, and be committed to company goals
- Possess strong technical skills
- Be an effective communicator who brings emotional intelligence to work
You can expect to join a group of diverse, hardworking team players, where a cultural fit is someone willing to stay humble and learn, and can work nimbly. We welcome applications with unusual backgrounds with the expectation that the applicant will have acquired hard or soft skills and maturity throughout their experiences.
This role is located in Fever’s HQ in Madrid, and although we can be flexible with the timing you will be expected to move there if you are living elsewhere.
- Opportunity to have a real impact in a high-growth global category leader
- 40% discount on all Fever events and experiences
- Work in a location in the heart of Madrid with possible travel across our markets
- Home office friendly
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Great work environment with an international team of talented people to work with!
- Health insurance and other benefits such as Flexible remuneration with a 100% tax exemption through Cobee.
- Gympass membership
- We have free snacks, drinks and fruit at the office!
- Possibility to receive in advance part of your salary by Payflow
Fever is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workspace where everyone's background and ideas count. Our main goal is to find the best possible talent regardless of place of birth, racial or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, religion, opinion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, marital status, age or caring responsibilities. We encourage everyone to apply!