Senior iOS Engineer
Hi, we’re Fever!
Fever is the global leading live-entertainment discovery tech platform, with a clear mission: to democratize access to culture and entertainment.
Fever has developed a proprietary technology that inspires its global community of over 125M people through personalized and curated experiences in their local city, whilst empowering entertainment and event creators to reach new audiences and enhance their experiences.
Some successful examples include the “Candlelight Concert Series” attended by over 3 million guests, the Los Angeles based “Stranger Things: The Drive-Into Experience” co-produced with Netflix, or the “Van Gogh: The Immersive Experience” winner of USA Today's 10 Best Readers Choice award.
The company, present in over 100 major cities across the globe, is backed by leading investors such as Goldman Sachs, Alignment Growth (growth equity investor in global entertainment and consumer tech, led by former Warner Bros and Time Warner), Goodwater Capital (the largest dedicated consumer technology platform globally), Smash Capital (a late-stage venture capital firm led by former Disney and growth equity investors, backer of Epic Games), Eurazeo, Vitruvian Partners and Atresmedia among others.
To pursue our objective, we are looking for bar-raisers, people that want to work hard, have fun, and make history with us.
- You’ll be part of the Engineering team and adding value to our applications, allowing people to reach the best experiences in their cities.
- You’ll be working with the latest technologies on the frontend, surrounded by highly qualified professionals like you on a highly scalable and performance way.
What are we looking for:
We are looking for a Senior Android/iOS Developer to join the mobile team with a passionate focus on quality, writing testable code that performs and scales.
You will work within one of our cross-functional teams, each team handling part of our product. You will have responsibility from the definition part until the release, including Unit Testing, Integration, UI testing, and QA.
On your first month in Fever:
- You will be fully integrated into the team. During this month you will have already participated in plannings, groomings and retrospectives of the team, and you will have met the departments of Fever.
- You will get familiar with Fever’s tech stack and frameworks used to develop our applications.
- You will attend some of the Fever Original’s experiences like Candlelight
After 3 months in Fever:
- You’ll be able to come up with solutions to new difficult problems and your developments will be creating new business opportunities
- You’ll have responsibilities over some of the shares libraries across the teams
- You will participate in some of the hackdays or hackathon we organise with other teams, and you will mostly know everybody from engineering.
On your 6th month in Fever:
- You’ll improve performance, scalability and infrastructure of the applications
- You’ll be mentoring other new joiners to the team
- You will participate in some of the team buildings we organise for your team or the whole engineering team
Our app is 100% written in Swift and based on MVVM and CLEAN architecture. Our CI/CD pipelines are composed of Github CI, Firebase distribution (for internal testing), Fastlane, and Bitrise.
We heavily focus on tech quality so you must:
- Use Clean Code / SOLID principles
- Make pragmatic decisions based on data and facts rather than assumptions.
- Invest lots of effort on tests and automatic testing.
- Spend time improving our platform (refactoring, creating reusable components, updating dependencies, improving processes, etc.)
Must have skills:
- Strong development experience in Swift and a good understanding of the iOS SDK.
- You are a Team Player, you have excellent communication skills, you have already worked in a large iOS team and know what it means to collaborate, share knowledge and avoid silos.
- Strong knowledge of good practices, testing, and design patterns.
- Experience with Git.
- You are proficient in English. (Our day-to-day meetings are in English and you have to be able to talk and express your ideas in a clear and fluid way).
- You know how to deliver code from development to production.
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Strong UI/UX analytical skills.
- You have worked with dependency managers in the past and are comfortable with them.
- We use these technologies, so it would be a plus if you have experience in:
- Fastlane: You should know about it and ideally, would have make use of it by configuring it yourself.
- CI/CD: Experience on different tools/platforms.
- iOS Technologies: Combine, SwiftUI, Xcode, +12 and Swift 5.4, No Obj-c
- Design easy-to-use, performant, and exciting web experiences serving thousands of users around the world.
- You'll work as part of an agile, cross-functional team with other full-stack, mobile, backend, and frontend engineers, together with the product designers.
- Understand the technical trade-offs of different solutions, implement them and make them scalable.
- Have a product-oriented mindset and work towards the best outcomes for the product.
- Collaborate with the larger team via regular design critiques and working sessions
BASIC SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
You’re smart, get stuff done, have great energy, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
Deep knowledge of Android/iOS Developer, Swift, Kotlin.
You have experience working through cross-browser compatibility issues
You know how to code a responsive design
You have a strong understanding of RESTful APIs, doing API-first development and working with OpenAPI specifications.
You comply with defined coding standards, creating quality code. You can't think of a code without tests
You are proficient in business English
It would be a plus if you...
- You are comfortable doing code on other platform outside of the front
- You have worked with high load websites
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Attractive compensation package consisting of base salary and the potential to earn a significant bonus for top performance.
- Salary Range: 50k - 70k
- Stock Options
- Opportunity to have a real impact in a high-growth global category leader
- 40% discount on all Fever events and experiences
- Home office friendly
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Great work environment with a young, international team of talented people to work with!
- Health insurance and other benefits such as Flexible remuneration with a 100% tax exemption through Cobee.
- English Lessons
- We have free food, drink and fruit at the office!
- Possibility to receive in advance part of your salary by Payflow
Fever is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workspace where everyone's background and ideas count. Our main goal is to find the best possible talent regardless of place of birth, racial or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, religion, opinion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, marital status, age, or caring responsibilities. We encourage everyone to apply!