Hi, we’re Fever!
Fever is the leading global tech-enabled entertainment discovery platform with a clear mission: to inspire through live entertainment.
Our mobile-first marketplace allows both discovery/inspiration and seamless 2-click booking. Fever has also created a media network where our online communities can look for inspiration and local information (Secret Media Network owner of media outlets like Secret NYC, Secret London or Madrid Secreto among others). Fever and its Secret Media Network inspires over 60 million people every month to discover the best experiences in their cities.
The preferences expressed by these communities allow us to create new experiences, which we call “Fever Originals”. These are proprietary experiences in which we follow a data-driven content creation strategy, using analytics to understand audiences, develop and optimize new formats. Some successful examples include the “Candlelight Concert Series” attended by over 3 million guests, the Los Angeles based “Stranger Things: The Drive-Into Experience” co-produced with Netflix, or the “Mad Hatter G&T Party”, all launched in multiple cities across the world.
Fever is a US company with a team of over 1000 people, currently present in more than 80 cities, with offices in many exciting cities such as New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, London, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, or Sydney, and is backed by leading institutional investors, including Rakuten Capital, Accel, and Atresmedia among others.
In order to pursue this objective we are looking for bar-raisers, people that want to work hard, have fun, and make history with us.
About the Team at Secret Media Network (yes! The team you’ll be working with :))
Our mission is to make Milan resident and visitor life way easier and fun and also highlight to the world the amazing experiences (e.g., events, concerts, restaurants...) that Milan has to offer.
We want to keep creating hyper-local and shareable engaging guides to Milan, from great new cultural events to the best thematic restaurants in the city, we’re on a mission to find the coolest, newest things to try in Milan.
We are part of a media network (https://secretmedianetwork.com/) with an international presence in more than 80 cities throughout the planet and more than 24 million people read us every month.
About the role
Your responsibilities will include:
- Finding brilliant stories and generating lots of content ideas (not just articles!) for the Milan Market.
- Writing engaging, accurate and informative articles, at pace, about those topics
- Researching different cities in-depth, and becoming an expert in the most important venues, events, news stories and happenings in that city
- Monitor all site content, including daily news, features, and local reporting
- Have a grasp of the city culture and things to do in Milan.
- Manage an editorial calendar with colleagues that incorporates news, reviews, and local city content including planning for longer lead functions, trending stories, and campaigns.
- Occasional appearances across Reels, TikTok, consumer-facing videos and other brand mediums.
- Oversee the creation and strategy of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and SMN Milan newsletters, keeping in line with SMN standards.
- Make sure all site copy and headlines are proofread, meeting our editorial standards and style guide.
- Make sure all posts are SEO friendly
- Track openings and develop sources including PR reps, restaurateurs, local venues and event spaces, and alternate sources for coverage as needed
- Assist in promotional efforts and collaborations across SMN when necessary (communicated by your manager)
We're looking for someone who has
- Perfect, native-level written Italian
- Demonstrable previous digital writing experience
- Very sharp news sense of what makes a story shareable on social
- Strong familiarity with social and digital publishing tools
- An organized approach to managing their beat
- An expert on all things Milan. Having a finger on the pulse of the city lifestyle, culture, food and entertainment.
Benefits & Perks
- Attractive compensation package consisting of base salary and the potential to earn a significant bonus for top performance.
- Opportunity to have a real impact in a high-growth global category leader
- 40% discount on all Fever events and experiences
- Work remotely from your home!
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Great work environment with a young, international team of talented people to work with!
- Gympass Membership
Fever is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workspace where everyone's background and ideas count. Our main goal is to find the best possible talent regardless of place of birth, racial or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, religion, opinion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, marital status, age or caring responsibilities. We encourage everyone to apply!