Jr. Tax Specialist
Hi, we’re Fever!
Fever is the global leading live-entertainment discovery tech platform, with a clear mission: to democratize access to culture and entertainment.
Fever has developed a proprietary technology that inspires its global community of over 125M people through personalized and curated experiences in their local city, whilst empowering entertainment and event creators to reach new audiences and enhance their experiences.
Some successful examples include the “Candlelight Concert Series” attended by over 3 million guests, the Los Angeles based “Stranger Things: The Drive-Into Experience” co-produced with Netflix, or the “Van Gogh: The Immersive Experience” winner of USA Today's 10 Best Readers Choice award.
The company, present in over 100 major cities across the globe, is backed by leading investors such as Goldman Sachs, Alignment Growth (growth equity investor in global entertainment and consumer tech, led by former Warner Bros and Time Warner), Goodwater Capital (the largest dedicated consumer technology platform globally), Smash Capital (a late-stage venture capital firm led by former Disney and growth equity investors, backer of Epic Games), Eurazeo, Vitruvian Partners and Atresmedia among others.
To pursue our objective, we are looking for bar-raisers, people that want to work hard, have fun, and make history with us.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Jr. Tax Specialist you will be playing a key role within Fever's Tax practice working closely with the Tax Manager and rest of the team, helping with the global tax compliance and tax strategy of the Group.
You will be expected to demonstrate ownership and proactivity getting things done in the tax area of a global high-growth business.
The key responsibilities are as follows:
- Assist in the indirect and direct tax compliance processes in all relevant jurisdictions
- Research and analyse specific indirect and direct taxation matter and provide tailored advice
- Identify risks and potential tax planning opportunities
- Determine uncertain tax exposures and manage appropriate taxation provisioning
- Assist in the preparation of transfer pricing documentation, intercompany agreements, and draft policies governing intercompany transactions
- Collaborate with third-party service providers as required
- Work with the Finance & Accounting teams to ensure adequate knowledge and application of taxation laws
- Support all indirect and direct tax audits / inquiries from tax authorities (alongside third-party providers and local finance teams)
- Preparation of applications for taxation rulings, tax incentives and tax exemptions where available
- Provision of advice to senior management on taxation risks and appropriate transaction structures concerning acquisitions
- Contribute to the improvements and the solutions of tax processes
In order to be successful in this role, you will:
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in taxation gained in practice or industry
- Bachelor or Master degree in Finance, Tax or Law
- Proven tax knowledge and familiar to work with other jurisdictions
- You are a detail-oriented and organised worker
- Be fluent in written and spoken English. Other languages are a plus
- Share our culture i) see opportunity where others see obstacles, ii) be efficient, flexible and proactive, iii) prioritize work and resources, iv) continuous improvement, v) follow up until it’s done and vi) be entrepreneurial and ambitious
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Attractive compensation package including base salary and Fever's share plan (if applicable)
- Opportunity to have a real impact in a high-growth global category leader
- 40% discount on all Fever events and experiences
- Work in a location in the heart of Madrid, with possible travel across our markets
- Home office friendly
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Great work environment with a young, international team of talented people to work with!
- Health insurance and other benefits such as flexible remuneration with a 100% tax exemption through Cobee
- English Lessons
- Gympass membership
- We have free snacks, drinks and fruit at the office!
- Possibility to receive in advance part of your salary by Payflow
Fever is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workspace where everyone's background and ideas count. Our main goal is to find the best possible talent regardless of place of birth, racial or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, religion, opinion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, marital status, age or caring responsibilities. We encourage everyone to apply!