Legal Intern - Summer 2022
- Madrid, Madrid, Spain
- Full Time
- Student (College)
Fever is the leading global tech-enabled entertainment discovery platform with a clear mission: to inspire through live entertainment.
Our mobile-first marketplace allows both discovery/inspiration and seamless 2-click booking. Fever has also created a media network where our online communities can look for inspiration and local information (Secret Media Network owner of media outlets like Secret NYC, Secret London or Madrid Secreto among others). Fever and its Secret Media Network inspires over 60 million people every month to discover the best experiences in their cities.
The preferences expressed by these communities allow us to create new experiences, which we call “Fever Originals”. These are proprietary experiences in which we follow a data-driven content creation strategy, using analytics to understand audiences, develop and optimize new formats. Some successful examples include the “Candlelight Concert Series” attended by over 3 million guests, the Los Angeles based “Stranger Things: The Drive-Into Experience” co-produced with Netflix, or the “Mad Hatter G&T Party”, all launched in multiple cities across the world.
Fever is a US company with a team of over 950 people, currently present in more than 80 cities, with offices in many exciting cities such as New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, London, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, or Sydney, and is backed by leading institutional investors, including Goldman Sachs, Atresmedia and Alignment among others.
In order to pursue this objective we are looking for bar-raisers, people that want to work hard, have fun, and make history with us.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Fever is looking for a Legal Intern to join its Legal & Policy Team, an open-minded, problem-solver looking to learn about legal practice, in an environment where virtually all our work has cross-border impact.
As a Legal Intern, you will deal with law-related issues, assist and work closely with various departments at Fever, and learn real-world, practical legal skills while helping your team make an impact in the growth of the company.
The Intern will provide support to the Legal & Policy Team and learn to handle legal tasks including:
- Support in drafting / revising all types of commercial contracts, and providing support to other departments in their negotiations.
- Drafting Legal terms for promotions and giveaways.
- Legal research across a range of legal practice areas, including to support the team’s work on Fever’s international expansion and service diversification in new markets.
- Take responsibility for knowledge and document management.
- Support in ongoing compliance functions for the global group.
- Support in administrative legal tasks.
In order to be successful in this role, you will be:
- Looking to learn through experience.
- An excellent student with an excellent academic record —past exposure to foreign legal systems is a plus.
- A team player and an effective communicator.
- Fluent in English — other languages a plus, especially German, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, or Arabic.
- Available to start working in Madrid during Summer 2022, full time (with start / end dates negotiable).
- Currently enrolled in a postgraduate college degree / masters program of law in Spain.
You can expect to join a group of diverse, hardworking team players, where a cultural fit is someone willing to stay humble and learn. This internship will provide exposure to a wide array of areas of law across several jurisdictions, including Spain, Portugal, France, Germany, Italy, UK, US, Brazil, Australia, and Singapore, with more to come.
- Opportunity to get real world experience in a high-growth global category leader
- 40% discount on all Fever events and experiences
- Work in a location in the heart of Madrid
- Home-office flexibility
- Great work environment with a young, international team of talented people to work with!
Fever is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workspace where everyone's background and ideas count. Our main goal is to find the best possible talent regardless of place of birth, racial or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, religion, opinion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, marital status, age or caring responsibilities. We encourage everyone to apply!