- Madrid, Madrid, Spain
- Full Time
Fever is the leading global tech-enabled entertainment discovery platform with a clear mission: to inspire through live entertainment.
Our mobile-first marketplace allows both discovery/inspiration and seamless 2-click booking. Fever has also created a media network where our online communities can look for inspiration and local information (Secret Media Network owner of media outlets like Secret NYC, Secret London or Madrid Secreto among others). Fever and its Secret Media Network inspires over 60 million people every month to discover the best experiences in their cities.
The preferences expressed by these communities allow us to create new experiences, which we call “Fever Originals”. These are proprietary experiences in which we follow a data-driven content creation strategy, using analytics to understand audiences, develop and optimize new formats. Some successful examples include the “Candlelight Concert Series” attended by over 3 million guests, the Los Angeles based “Stranger Things: The Drive-Into Experience” co-produced with Netflix, or the “Mad Hatter G&T Party”, all launched in multiple cities across the world.
Fever is a US company with a team of over 750 people, currently present in more than 80 cities, with offices in many exciting cities such as New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, London, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, or Sydney, and is backed by leading institutional investors, including Rakuten Capital, Accel, and Atresmedia among others.
In order to pursue this objective we are looking for bar-raisers, people that want to work hard, have fun, and make history with us.
- You’ll be part of the engineering team and you will be responsible for the improvement of our Data Warehouse working with the latest Big Data technologies
- You’ll be working helping other teams to make automations that create amazing business opportunities, surrounded by highly qualified professionals like you in a highly scalable and performance way
On your first month in Fever:
- You will be fully integrated into the team. During this month you will have already participated in onboardings, pair programming, one to one, Scrum sessions, and you will have met the departments of Fever
- You will get familiar with Fever’s tech stack and frameworks used to develop our data strategy
- You will attend some of the Fever Original’s experiences like Candlelight
After 3 months in Fever:
- You’ll be able to come up with solutions to new difficult problems and your developments will be creating new business opportunities
- You’ll have responsibilities over develop our Data Warehouse
- You will participate in some of the hackdays or hackathons we organise with other teams, and you will mostly know everybody from engineering
On your 6th month in Fever:
- You’ll improve performance, scalability and infrastructure of data projects
- You’ll be mentoring other new joiners to the team
- You will participate in some of the team buildings we organise for your team or the whole engineering team
- Serve data to our organisation for helping to get the best decisions based on data
- Have a business-oriented mindset and create data automatization to create huge business opportunities
- Design, build and support modern and scalable Data Pipelines
- Improve the design and data feeding of our Data Lake.
- Write and maintain code to orchestrate our ELT workflows.
- Collaborate with other engineers, and stakeholders to understand what data is required and how best to make it available in our Data Platform.
- Understand the technical trade offs of different solutions, implement them and make them scalable
BASIC SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- You’re smart, get stuff done, have great energy, and thrive in a fast paced environment
- You know Data Pipeline processes and best practices
- You have the ability to work with tons of APIs
- You comply with defined coding standards, creating quality code
- Deep knowledge on Python3 (Pandas, Pyspark)
- Strong knowledge of SQL (Postgresql, Snowflake, Redshift)
- You have worked with Airflow or similar tools
- Experience with AWS (S3, EC2, RDS, Aurora)
- You are proficient in business English
It would be a plus if you...
- You have worked in a multidisciplinary team working with roles such as data-engineer, data-analyst, data-scientist, data-ops, marketing or product.
- You have worked with the API of most popular marketing tools (Facebook, Google, Instagram, etc.)
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Attractive compensation package consisting of base salary and the potential to earn a significant bonus for top performance.
- Stock Options
- Opportunity to have a real impact in a high-growth global category leader
- 40% discount on all Fever events and experiences
- Work in a location in the heart of Madrid, with possible travel across our markets
- Home office friendly
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Great work environment with a young, international team of talented people to work with!
- Health insurance and other benefits such as Flexible remuneration with a 100% tax exemption through Cobee.
- English Lessons
- We have free food, drink and fruit at the office!
- Possibility to receive in advance part of your salary by Payflow
Fever is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workspace where everyone's background and ideas count. Our main goal is to find the best possible talent regardless of place of birth, racial or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, religion, opinion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, marital status, age or caring responsibilities. We encourage everyone to apply!