Hi, we’re Fever!
Fever is the global leading live-entertainment discovery tech platform, with a clear mission: to democratize access to culture and entertainment.
Fever has developed a proprietary technology that inspires its global community of over 125M people through personalized and curated experiences in their local city, whilst empowering entertainment and event creators to reach new audiences and enhance their experiences.
Some successful examples include the “Candlelight Concert Series” attended by over 3 million guests, the Los Angeles based “Stranger Things: The Drive-Into Experience” co-produced with Netflix, or the “Van Gogh: The Immersive Experience” winner of USA Today's 10 Best Readers Choice award.
The company, present in over 100 major cities across the globe, is backed by leading investors such as Goldman Sachs, Alignment Growth (growth equity investor in global entertainment and consumer tech, led by former Warner Bros and Time Warner), Goodwater Capital (the largest dedicated consumer technology platform globally), Smash Capital (a late-stage venture capital firm led by former Disney and growth equity investors, backer of Epic Games), Eurazeo, Vitruvian Partners and Atresmedia among others.
To pursue our objective, we are looking for bar-raisers, people that want to work hard, have fun, and make history with us.
- You’ll be part of the Data organization, building and operating the core technologies that enable data scientists, analysts and the different business units to leverage rich data in efficient and innovative ways to generate impact and connect people to the most relevant real-world experiences.
- You'll own critical data pipelines for our Data Warehouse and the resulting data products that are used daily across the company to inform all sorts of decisions and models.
- You'll ideate and implement tools and processes that increase our ability to exploit our diverse sources of data to solve business problems, understand behaviors, …
- You'll work with the latest Big Data and Machine Learning technologies to enable new use cases and continuous innovation.
On your first month in Fever:
- You will be fully integrated into the team. During this month you will have already participated in onboarding, pair programming, one to one, Scrum sessions, and you will have met the different departments at Fever
- You will get familiar with Fever’s tech stack and frameworks used to develop our data strategy
- You will attend some of the Fever Original’s experiences like Candlelight
After 3 months in Fever:
- You’ll be able to come up with solutions to new difficult problems and you'll be generating impact and creating new business opportunities.
- You’ll have responsibilities and ownership over parts of our Data Warehouse or other critical tools.
- You will participate in some of the hackdays or hackathons we organise with other teams, and you will mostly know everybody from the data and engineering communities.
On your 6th month in Fever:
- You’ll contribute to the overall health of our data ecosystem, improving performance, scalability, robustness, …
- You'll be able to identify gaps in our platforms and processes and be a champion for continuous improvement
- You’ll be mentoring other new joiners to the team
- You will participate in some of the team buildings we organise for your team or the whole engineering team
- Build trusted data assets that power Fever's decision making
- Have a business-oriented mindset and create data automatization to create huge business opportunities
- Design, build and support modern and scalable data infrastructure, e.g.
- Write robust, maintainable code to orchestrate our ETL workflows.
- Build data quality monitoring processes
- Build data tools to make our analysts and scientists more efficient
- Collaborate with other engineers, and stakeholders to understand what data is required and how best to make it available in our Data Platform.
- Understand the technical trade offs of different solutions, implement them and make them scalable
BASIC SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- You’re smart, get stuff done, have great energy, and thrive in a fast paced environment
- You are an expert working with large volumes of data from multiple sources, both internal and external (e.g. APIs)
- You are comfortable with software engineering best practices and you are proud to write robust, readable and maintainable code.
- You're an expert in Python3 and its data ecosystem (e.g. Pandas, Pyspark)
- Strong knowledge of SQL (PostgreSQL, Snowflake, …)
- Experience with AWS (S3, EC2, RDS, …)
- You are proficient in business English
It would be a plus if you...
- You have worked with Airflow or similar tools.
- You have worked in a multidisciplinary team working with roles such as data analysts, data scientists, marketing or product managers.
- You are familiar with tools and processes for reproducible, production-ready ML applications (e.g. data logging, ML workflows, model serving).
- You have worked with the API of the most popular marketing tools (Facebook, Google, Instagram, etc.)
- You have built data-powered tools either in a professional setting or as passion projects.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Attractive compensation package consisting of base salary and the potential to earn a significant bonus for top performance.
- Stock Options
- Opportunity to have a real impact in a high-growth global category leader
- 40% discount on all Fever events and experiences
- Work in a location in the heart of Madrid, with possible travel across our markets
- Home office friendly
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Great work environment with a young, international team of talented people to work with!
- Health insurance and other benefits such as Flexible remuneration with a 100% tax exemption through Cobee.
- English Lessons
- We have free food, drink and fruit at the office!
- Possibility to receive in advance part of your salary by Payflow
Fever is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workspace where everyone's background and ideas count. Our main goal is to find the best possible talent regardless of place of birth, racial or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, religion, opinion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, marital status, age or caring responsibilities. We encourage everyone to apply!