Technical Location Lead
Hi, we’re Fever!
Fever is the global leading live-entertainment discovery tech platform, with a clear mission: to democratize access to culture and entertainment.
Fever has developed a proprietary technology that inspires its global community of over 125M people through personalized and curated experiences in their local city, whilst empowering entertainment and event creators to reach new audiences and enhance their experiences.
Some successful examples include the “Candlelight Concert Series” attended by over 3 million guests, the Los Angeles based “Stranger Things: The Drive-Into Experience” co-produced with Netflix, or the “Van Gogh: The Immersive Experience” winner of USA Today's 10 Best Readers Choice award.
The company, present in over 100 major cities across the globe, is backed by leading investors such as Goldman Sachs, Alignment Growth (growth equity investor in global entertainment and consumer tech, led by former Warner Bros and Time Warner), Goodwater Capital (the largest dedicated consumer technology platform globally), Smash Capital (a late-stage venture capital firm led by former Disney and growth equity investors, backer of Epic Games), Eurazeo, Vitruvian Partners and Atresmedia among others.
To pursue our objective, we are looking for bar-raisers, people that want to work hard, have fun, and make history with us.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced, passionate, and critical-thinking Technical Venue Lead to support Project Managers and Producers in scouting and evaluating locations for the Fever Originals events.
This role requires flexibility, creativity, attention to detail, and the ability to meet deadlines while staying within budgets. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of assessing buildings and spaces, preparing technical reports, and managing relationships with landlords and governing bodies.
You will be responsible for the due diligence of base buildings, maintaining a venue database, and assessing the venue’s adaptability to the production needs. You will be responsible for sourcing & securing venues for our Fever Originals experiences that will enhance the audience’s experience through authenticity and visual flair as well as managing the facilities requirements of venues. Strong communication and negotiation skills are critical to succeed in this role. The right candidate will have a technical background matched with strong interpersonal and project management skills.
You will also be responsible for identifying challenges and opportunities with venues and providing production teams with insights they need to plan events that are within budget and operationally sound.
- Liaise with all Originals / Ops / Production teams and Project Managers, bridging communication between internal and external stakeholders to provide a holistic view of venue options.
- Be responsible for due diligence of base buildings
- Source venues that coincide with the Producer’s concepts & designs, conduct site visits & collate necessary documentation to assess feasibility, ensuring chosen venues are suitable from experiential and financial perspectives
- Contact venues and negotiate fees, lease agreements, and terms with venue owners to use the location
- Prepare technical reports and obtain all the necessary documents for the government permits and licenses related to public events
- Manage the relationship with the city municipality and other governing bodies
- Oversee venue-related issues across multiple large projects at once, while also overseeing standards for smaller events.
- Be judged on how you save CAPEX and OPEX by flagging issues early on
- Develop playbooks to be passed onto the production team and which can inform contracts
- Develop real estate trackers and deal trackers
- Working with production companies or suppliers, oversee the return of a venue to its original condition at the end of a project.
- Represent Fever at site visits, meetings, and local events
You have a track record in property or real estate negotiations, facilities management, or live event production management, with an eye for details, and strong oral and written communication skills. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and pride yourself on your network, negotiation skills, and willingness to explore different cities to build up a portfolio of unique and beautiful venues.
In order to be successful in this role, you will be expected to be an entrepreneurial individual, willing to be hands-on and eager to demonstrate ownership. The role requires a mix of business development and technical experience. Candidates need to be passionate about the entertainment/events industry. You will have to be comfortable delivering results in an ambiguous environment, being exceptionally detail-oriented while looking around corners, and thinking bigger about how we create a compelling experience.
- Master’s degree in Geometry, Architecture, or Civil Engineering - (or similar)
- (Preferred) previous experience closing and negotiating real estate contracts, and/or live events production management
- Good knowledge of reading floor plans and technical drawings
- Great networking skills and the ability to make smart partnerships happen
- You'll have strong communication skills and a proven track record of building positive working relationships.
- Excellent face-to-face communication skills
- Highly organized and efficient. Time management skills are key.
- A problem-solver with the ability to think strategically and efficiently when faced with issues on-site
- Collaborative approach and willing to get hands dirty and work on all required events tasks
- Strong academic background is a plus
- Domestic and international travel and work across time zones may be required
You can expect to join a group of diverse, hardworking team players, where a cultural fit is someone willing to stay humble and learn and can work nimbly. We welcome applications with unusual backgrounds with the expectation that the applicant will have acquired hard or soft skills and maturity throughout their experiences.
This role is located in Milan.
Benefits and Perks:
- Attractive compensation package
- Opportunity to have a real impact in a high-growth global category leader
- 40% discount on all Fever events and experiences
- Work in a location in the heart of the city, with possible travel across our markets
- Home office friendly
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Great work environment with a young, international team of talented people to work with!
Fever is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workspace where everyone's background and ideas count. Our main goal is to find the best possible talent regardless of place of birth, racial or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, religion, opinion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, marital status, age, or caring responsibilities. We encourage everyone to apply!
Our hiring process
- A 30 min video call with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers, to better understand your career plan, assess cultural fit, and answer any questions you may have
- A 60 min online test with three topics: logic, analytics, and written understanding
- A 45 min video call with your future manager, including questions about your profile and a business case presentation (to be prepared in advance)
On average our process lasts 20 working days and offers usually follow within a week.
Thank you for considering joining Fever. We cannot wait to learn more about you!
If you want to learn more about us: Fever's Blog | Bloomberg | TechCrunch