Real Estate Expansion Manager
Hi, we’re Fever!
Fever is the global leading live-entertainment discovery tech platform, with a clear mission: to democratize access to culture and entertainment.
Fever has developed a proprietary technology that inspires its global community of over 125M people through personalized and curated experiences in their local city, whilst empowering entertainment and event creators to reach new audiences and enhance their experiences.
Some successful examples include the “Candlelight Concert Series” attended by over 3 million guests, the Los Angeles based “Stranger Things: The Drive-Into Experience” co-produced with Netflix, or the “Van Gogh: The Immersive Experience” winner of USA Today's 10 Best Readers Choice award.
The company, present in over 100 major cities across the globe, is backed by leading investors such as Goldman Sachs, Alignment Growth (growth equity investor in global entertainment and consumer tech, led by former Warner Bros and Time Warner), Goodwater Capital (the largest dedicated consumer technology platform globally), Smash Capital (a late-stage venture capital firm led by former Disney and growth equity investors, backer of Epic Games), Eurazeo, Vitruvian Partners and Atresmedia among others.
To pursue our objective, we are looking for bar-raisers, people that want to work hard, have fun, and make history with us.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced, passionate, and critical-thinking Real Estate Expansion Manager to support Project Managers and Producers in ensuring that high-quality experiences are delivered.
This role requires flexibility, creativity, attention to detail, and the ability to meet deadlines while staying within budgets. The ideal candidate has a proven track record assessing buildings and spaces, managing landlord relationships, and working with multiple vendors and stakeholders.
You will be responsible for the due diligence of base buildings, maintaining a venue database, which will be organized according to a number of criteria you will develop with Fever’s production teams. You will be responsible for sourcing & securing venues for our Fever Originals experiences that will enhance the audience’s experience through authenticity and visual flair as well as managing the facilities requirements of venues. Strong communication and negotiation skills are critical to succeed in this role. The right candidate will be a self-starter and have strong interpersonal and project management skills.
You will also be responsible for identifying challenges and opportunities with venues and providing production teams with insights they need to plan events that are within budget and operationally sound.
- Liaise with all Originals / Ops / Production teams and Project Managers, bridging communication between internal and external stakeholders to provide a holistic view of venue options.
- Be responsible for due diligence of base buildings.
- Strategize and prioritize requests of high volume venue sourcing within demanding time frames cross-regionally.
- Source venues that coincide with the Producer’s concepts & designs, conduct site visits & collate necessary documentation to assess feasibility, ensuring chosen venues are suitable from experiential and financial perspectives.
- Make sure design intent is correct and judge how design decisions will affect budget and schedule.
- Contact venues and communicate with Project Managers about initial fees, lease agreements, and terms with venue owners to use the location.
- Assist Project Managers to obtain all fire and safety, ADA, and other governmental permits, and coordinate the logistics for the production.
- Oversee venue-related issues across multiple large projects at once, while also overseeing standards for smaller events.
- Be judged on how you save CAPEX and OPEX by flagging issues early on.
- Develop and maintain venue databases.
- Working with production companies or suppliers, oversee return of a venue to its original condition at the end of a project.
- Represent Fever at site visits, meetings, and local events.
You have a track record in property or venue negotiations, facilities management, or live event production management, with an eye for details, and strong oral and written communication skills. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and pride yourself on your network, negotiation skills, and willingness to explore different cities to build up a portfolio of unique and beautiful venues.
In order to be successful in this role, you will be expected to be an entrepreneurial individual, willing to be hands-on, and eager to demonstrate ownership. The role requires a mix of business development and operational experience. Candidates need to be passionate about the entertainment/events industry. You will have to be comfortable delivering results in an ambiguous environment, being exceptionally detail-oriented while looking around corners, and thinking bigger about how we create a compelling experience.
- Previous experience closing and negotiating venue contracts, and/or live events production management.
- Basic knowledge of reading floor plans, RCP, and technical drawings.
- Great networking skills and the ability to make smart partnerships happen
- You'll have strong communication skills and a proven track record of building positive working relationships.
- Excellent face-to-face communication skills.
- Highly organized and efficient. Time management skills are key.
- A problem-solver with the ability to think strategically and efficiently when faced with issues on-site.
- Collaborative approach and willing to get hands dirty and work on all required events tasks.
- Strong academic background is a plus.
- Domestic and international travel and work across time zones may be required.
You can expect to join a group of diverse, hardworking team players, where a cultural fit is someone willing to stay humble and learn and can work nimbly. We welcome applications with unusual backgrounds with the expectation that the applicant will have acquired hard or soft skills and maturity throughout their experiences.
This role is located in Berlin.
Benefits and Perks
- Opportunity to have a real impact in a high-growth global category leader
- 40% discount on all Fever events and experiences
- Work in coworking, with possible travel across our markets
- Home office friendly
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Great work environment with a young, international team of talented people to work with!
Fever is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workspace where everyone's background and ideas count. Our main goal is to find the best possible talent regardless of place of birth, racial or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, religion, opinion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, marital status, age, or caring responsibilities. We encourage everyone to apply!