Senior Data Scientist
Hi, we’re Fever!
Fever is the global leading live-entertainment discovery tech platform, with a clear mission: to democratize access to culture and entertainment.
Fever has developed a proprietary technology that inspires its global community of over 125M people through personalized and curated experiences in their local city, whilst empowering entertainment and event creators to reach new audiences and enhance their experiences.
Some successful examples include the “Candlelight Concert Series” attended by over 3 million guests, the Los Angeles based “Stranger Things: The Drive-Into Experience” co-produced with Netflix, or the “Van Gogh: The Immersive Experience” winner of USA Today's 10 Best Readers Choice award.
The company, present in over 100 major cities across the globe, is backed by leading investors such as Goldman Sachs, Alignment Growth (growth equity investor in global entertainment and consumer tech, led by former Warner Bros and Time Warner), Goodwater Capital (the largest dedicated consumer technology platform globally), Smash Capital (a late-stage venture capital firm led by former Disney and growth equity investors, backer of Epic Games), Eurazeo, Vitruvian Partners and Atresmedia among others.
To pursue our objective, we are looking for bar-raisers, people that want to work hard, have fun, and make history with us.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Sitting at the intersection of business and engineering, Data Scientists work in several different capacities to improve the overall decision making capabilities at the company and connect people to the best and most relevant experiences. Some examples include working hand-on-hand with business teams to answer critical questions or contributing to core personalization technologies for our product and communications.
- Data Scientists contribute to the full life-cycle of a project, from ideation to production. You will understand complex business problems, build and validate hypotheses, devise analytical and computational solutions, build the technology required for those solutions, identify valuable internal and external data sources, …
- Data Scientists also form a tight-knit group constantly looking to upskill and learn from each other, share best practices and learnt lessons and generally foster a culture of excellence.
- As one of our first hires in the Data Science org, this is a highly visible role with a lot of potential to define the scope and strategy for this extremely important function. You'll play a key role in taking Fever's already vibrant data culture to the next level
On your first month in Fever:
- You’ll be fully integrated into the team and you will meet some key partners on the engineering and business sides
- You’ll be able to navigate our data assets
- You’ll get familiar with Fever’s tech stack and frameworks
- You’ll attend some of the Fever Original’s experiences like Candlelight
After 3 months in Fever:
- You'll understand the full business context at Fever and will be able to identify key challenges where your skills can eventually make a difference
- You'll have already contributed significantly to advance a challenging Data Science project
- You’ll participate in some of the hackdays or hackathons we organize with other teams
On your 6th month in Fever:
- You'll have established yourself as a sought-after collaborator by our business and engineering partners
- You’ll be mentoring other new joiners to the team and be an active contributor to the data science and analytics community at Fever, promoting best practices and fresh ideas to make the whole community more efficient
- You’ll have significant input in the planning of the Data Science org and will also be able to influence our partners' roadmaps
- You have solid math, statistics and Machine Learning fundamentals (typically MSc or PhD level) so you
- Understand the theory behind the algorithms
- Can make informed and reasonable modeling choices
- Can rigorously evaluate the performance and failure modes of your proposals
- You can turn your ideas into reality, meaning that you
- Are a master of common data and ML tools (e.g. SQL, Pandas, Numpy, …)
- Can build both quick prototypes and robust analysis and modeling pipelines
- Can work effectively with data engineers, analysts, software engineers, etc.
- You have a scientific mindset, a problem-first attitude and are highly self-critical so you
- Can translate complex problems into mathematical formulations
- Start simple and construct solid baselines
- Know when it's necessary to introduce extra complexity and when simple is better
- Don't reinvent the wheel
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit, get stuff done and thrive in a fast paced environment so you
- Take ownership of your work
- Communicate early and often
- Take controlled risks
- Leave things better than you found them
- You are comfortable with software engineering best practices and write robust, reproducible and maintainable code, but can also build quick prototypes to validate ideas and enable new analysis.
- You have excellent communication skills and are proficient in business English
It would be a plus if you...
- Have significant expertise in technical areas such as Bayesian modeling, causal inference, real-world recommendation systems, …
- Have relevant work experience in marketing or internet tech companies
- Identify yourself as both a scientist and a hacker
- Have experience with current ML and scientific computing frameworks such as Pytorch, JAX, etc.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Highly competitive salary including stock options.
- Opportunity to have a real impact in a high-growth global category leader
- 40% discount on all Fever events and experiences
- Home office friendly
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Great work environment with a young, international team of talented people to work with!
- Health insurance and other benefits such as Flexible remuneration with a 100% tax exemption through Cobee.
- English Lessons
- We have free food, drink and fruit at the office!
- Possibility to receive in advance part of your salary by Payflow.
Fever is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workspace where everyone's background and ideas count. Our main goal is to find the best possible talent regardless of place of birth, racial or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, religion, opinion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, marital status, age, or caring responsibilities. We encourage everyone to apply!