Managing Editor (West Coast)
Hi, we’re Fever!
Fever is the global leading live-entertainment discovery tech platform, with a clear mission: to democratize access to culture and entertainment.
Fever has developed a proprietary technology that inspires its global community of over 125M people through personalized and curated experiences in their local city, whilst empowering entertainment and event creators to reach new audiences and enhance their experiences.
Some successful examples include the “Candlelight Concert Series” attended by over 3 million guests, the Los Angeles based “Stranger Things: The Drive-Into Experience” co-produced with Netflix, or the “Van Gogh: The Immersive Experience” winner of USA Today's 10 Best Readers Choice award.
The company, present in over 100 major cities across the globe, is backed by leading investors such as Goldman Sachs, Alignment Growth (growth equity investor in global entertainment and consumer tech, led by former Warner Bros and Time Warner), Goodwater Capital (the largest dedicated consumer technology platform globally), Smash Capital (a late-stage venture capital firm led by former Disney and growth equity investors, backer of Epic Games), Eurazeo, Vitruvian Partners and Atresmedia among others.
To pursue our objective, we are looking for bar-raisers, people that want to work hard, have fun, and make history with us.
About the Team
Secret Media Network is a digital media group focused on recommending perfect plans, discovering great places, sharing things to do and relevant breaking news in different cities around the world. Our family is composed of Secret Chicago, Secret LA, Secret NYC, Secret Atlanta, Secret Miami, Secret Toronto, Secret London, Lisboa Secreta, Paris Secret, Madrid Secreto, Barcelona Secreta and more! Through our media outlets we inspire over 60 million people every week to discover the best experiences in their cities.
About the role
Reporting directly to our Editorial Executive of the region, your tasks will include:
- Managing a growing team of enthusiastic writers, video producers, and social media creatives
- 1-on-1 management, ensuring workflows are clear, and providing individual feedback
- Develop and maintain high editorial standards, adhering to the brand’s identity and tone of voice
- Maximize exposure for each city presence in the West Coast region through media strategies and event coverage. This will include working with our social media, editorial, video, PR, creative, legal, and marketing teams on select occasions.
- Lead and guide the West Coast team to grow, inspire, and reach new audiences
- Liaise with regional Managing Editors and the Executive Editor of North America to share weekly feedback, best practices, and set strategies for the US.
- Collate and interpret data for cities in your region based on SMN’s internal KPIs, and use these findings to inform future strategy.
- Identify editorial partnership opportunities to bring SMN content to an ever-wider, diverse audience.
- Representing Secret Media Network at key press events and media gatherings.
- Work with our legal team to coordinate contracts, and Terms & Conditions as needed.
- Leading the hiring process for new writers, video producers, and social media creatives in the West Coast region.
- 3+ years experience working for a newsroom, content agency, creative agency, or digital media property.
- You have a native level of English. A second language is a plus for us, but not necessary.
- You have a deep passion for journalism, social media, and digital marketing.
- You can demonstrate your ability to adapt to the ever-changing and fast-moving world of a digital startup business.
- You have a strong attention to detail, are a critical-thinker and a problem-solver.
- You’re a leader who’s comfortable managing a team, and supporting them to help achieve their goals.
- Hands-on knowledge and understanding of the current social media landscape.
- An avid consumer of platforms such as Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter…or whatever’s next!
- You have a strong understanding of digital media trends, with a good feel for what makes content popular online. You regularly stay up-to-date with digital technology trends and emerging patterns in media.
- You’re comfortable identifying and tracking relevant community KPIs, and drawing conclusions from data.
- Familiarity with Wordpress & Canva are a plus.
Benefits & Perks
- Attractive compensation package consisting of base salary and the potential to earn a significant bonus for top performance.
- Opportunity to have a real impact in a high-growth global category leader, and help shape the media landscape in the U.S.
- 40% discount on all Fever events and experiences
- Home office-friendly
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Great work environment with a young, international team of talented people
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Gympass membership
- 401K enrollment
- 40% discount on all Fever events and experiences
Fever is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workspace where everyone's backgrounds and ideas count. Our main goal is to find the best possible talent regardless of place of birth, racial or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, religion, opinion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, marital status, age, or caring responsibilities. We encourage everyone to apply!