US TAX Specialist
Hi, we’re Fever!
Fever is the leading global tech-enabled entertainment discovery platform with a clear mission: to inspire through live entertainment.
Our mobile-first marketplace allows both discovery/inspiration and seamless 2-click booking. Fever has also created a media network where our online communities can look for inspiration and local information (Secret Media Network owner of media outlets like Secret NYC, Secret London or Madrid Secreto among others). Fever and its Secret Media Network inspires over 60 million people every month to discover the best experiences in their cities.
The preferences expressed by these communities allow us to create new experiences, which we call “Fever Originals”. These are proprietary experiences in which we follow a data-driven content creation strategy, using analytics to understand audiences, develop and optimize new formats. Some successful examples include the “Candlelight Concert Series” attended by over 4 million guests, the Los Angeles based “Stranger Things: The Drive-Into Experience” co-produced with Netflix, or the “Mad Hatter G&T Party”, all launched in multiple cities across the world.
Fever is a US company with a team of over 1000 people, currently present in more than 85 cities, with offices in many exciting cities such as New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, London, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, or Sydney, and is backed by leading institutional investors, including Rakuten Capital, Accel, and Atresmedia among others.
In order to pursue this objective we are looking for bar-raisers, people that want to work hard, have fun, and make history with us.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a US Tax Specialist you will be playing a key role within the Tax Team. This is a role that will require proactivity, autonomy, and drive. You will familiarise yourself closely with Fever’s mission and vision, structure, strategy, and objectives, and become a key advisor within a fast-paced company undergoing an ambitious international expansion.
Reporting to the global Tax Manager, you will be expected to work in all the US tax areas, across different jurisdictions (Federal, City & State), with one or more projects entrusted to you:
- Understand the tax impact of the projects developed in the different cities of the US.
- Coordinate US federal, state, and local tax documents and oversee and preparing and filing of tax returns, state pages, and federal, state, and municipal returns, extensions, and quarterly payments (special attention to Form 1120 and 5471)
- Knowledge of different corporate structure in the US, such as CFC, partnerships or LLC
- Experience contact with different federal, state and municipal tax authorities (i.e. Tax Audits)
- Strong experience in Sales and Use Tax.
- Coordinate and prioritize work with external tax advisors
- Provide tax advice with respect strategic projects and possible M&A transactions
- Be aware of changes in the legislation that could imply changes for tax purposes.
- Be aware of the tax benefits and credits that could be applicable in each US jurisdiction.
- Supervise and advise other team members of Fever
- Prioritize your and others’ work
In order to be successful in this role, you will:
- Have a C2 or native English level, with some Spanish a plus but not necessary
- Have between 4 and 6 years of professional experience in US taxes
- Have an excellent academic record or experience in multinational companies or top-tier tax advisory firms
- Experience in international tax matters
- Have a keen eye for strategy and business, and be committed to company goals
- Possess strong technical and personal skills
- Be an effective communicator who brings emotional intelligence to work
- Desirable Knowledge of Navision Tools and Vertex Software
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Attractive compensation package consisting of base salary and the potential to earn a significant bonus for top performance.
- Opportunity to have a real impact in a high-growth global category leader
- 40% discount on all Fever events and experiences
- Work in a location in the heart of Madrid, with possible travel across our markets
- Home office friendly
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Great work environment with a young, international team of talented people to work with!
- Health insurance and other benefits such as Flexible remuneration with a 100% tax exemption through Cobee.
- English Lessons and Gympass
- Possibility to receive in advance part of your salary by Payflow
- We have free food, drinks and fruit at the office!
Fever is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workspace where everyone's background and ideas count. Our main goal is to find the best possible talent regardless of place of birth, racial or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, religion, opinion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, marital status, age, or caring responsibilities. We encourage everyone to apply!
You can expect to join a group of diverse, hardworking team players, where a cultural fit is someone willing to stay humble, learn, and work nimbly with plenty of ownership over matters entrusted to you. We welcome applications with unusual backgrounds with the expectation that the applicant will have acquired hard and soft skills necessary to succeed in the position throughout their experiences. This role is located in Fever’s HQ in Madrid, and although we can be flexible with the timing you will be expected to move there if you are living elsewhere.