Hi, we’re Fever!
Fever is the global leading live-entertainment discovery tech platform, with a clear mission: to democratize access to culture and entertainment.
Fever has developed a proprietary technology that inspires its global community of over 125M people through personalized and curated experiences in their local city, whilst empowering entertainment and event creators to reach new audiences and enhance their experiences.
Some successful examples include the “Candlelight Concert Series” attended by over 3 million guests, the Los Angeles based “Stranger Things: The Drive-Into Experience” co-produced with Netflix, or the “Van Gogh: The Immersive Experience” winner of USA Today's 10 Best Readers Choice award.
The company, present in over 100 major cities across the globe, is backed by leading investors such as Goldman Sachs, Alignment Growth (growth equity investor in global entertainment and consumer tech, led by former Warner Bros and Time Warner), Goodwater Capital (the largest dedicated consumer technology platform globally), Smash Capital (a late-stage venture capital firm led by former Disney and growth equity investors, backer of Epic Games), Eurazeo, Vitruvian Partners and Atresmedia among others.
To pursue our objective, we are looking for bar-raisers, people that want to work hard, have fun, and make history with us.
About the Team
Secret Media Network is a digital media group focused on recommending perfect plans, discovering great places, sharing things to do and relevant breaking news in different cities around the world. Our family is composed of Secret Chicago, Secret LA, Secret NYC, Secret Atlanta, Secret Miami, Secret Toronto, Secret London, Lisboa Secreta, Paris Secret, Madrid Secreto, Barcelona Secreta and more! Through our media outlets we inspire over 60 million people every week to discover the best experiences in their cities
About the role
We are currently looking for a LA-based videographer to join Fever and the Secret LA team in a full-time role.
Working within a fun, dynamic and fast-growing start-up, this new role provides an excellent opportunity for a mid-senior level videographer to showcase their skills to a large and highly engaged audience across Facebook, YouTube and other Secret Los Angeles properties. We’re looking for someone who can create fizzy, distinctive videos about L.A. life – food and drink, arts and culture – from initial treatment to final edit and beyond.
- Attendance at various locations every week to shoot experiential videos e.g. venues, events, pop-up experiences, partner venues and Fever Original Events.
- Edit a wide range of social media videos; unscripted and scripted, using both original and archival footage; including branded content
- Devising and delivering watchable, repeatable video formats that work on YouTube
- Quickly assemble edits and proactively experiment with different versions of an edit, exploring multiple directions
- Create a polished final edit with colouring, sound mix and captions to be published on social channels and in Fever website & app
We want you to join us if you have:
- Experience with scripted and unscripted web content and an excellent sense of what keeps people watching online
- Proven experience in working on professional-quality video (showreel and portfolio of previous work are essential)
- Bachelor’s degree or similar in Design, Film, Communication or related field
- Fluent in English and confident in writing video copy
- Keen interest in latest trends in social media and digital video platforms
- Ability to work independently with a team
- Willingness to work outside office hours when necessary, and to tight deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of After Effects, Premiere Pro, Photoshop and Media Encoder
- Comfortable creating video and still imagery using digital cameras (Sony Alpha series, GoPro, iPhone, etc.)
- Motion graphics and titling experience
- Facility with creating diverse video formats such as cinemagraphs, GIFs and typographical animation
- Knowledge of digital media including codecs, image types, resolutions, frame rates and the latest digital workflows
- Understanding of basic colour-correction (Premiere) and basic sound design and mixing (Premiere and Audition)
Benefits & Perks
- Attractive compensation package consisting of base salary and the potential to earn a significant bonus for top performance.
- Opportunity to have a real impact in a high-growth global category leader
- 40% discount on all Fever events and experiences
- Work in a location in the heart of L.A., with possible travel across our markets
- Home office friendly
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Great work environment with a young, international team of talented people to work with!
- Health, Dental & Visual Insurance.
- Gympass membership
- 401k enrollment
Fever is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workspace where everyone's background and ideas count. Our main goal is to find the best possible talent regardless of place of birth, racial or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, religion, opinion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, marital status, age, or caring responsibilities. We encourage everyone to apply!