Junior PR Specialist (Sydney)
- Sydney, Sydney, Australia
- Full Time
- Communications & PR
- Entry Level
Fever is the leading global tech-enabled entertainment discovery platform with a clear mission: to democratize access to culture & entertainment..
Our mobile-first marketplace allows both discovery/inspiration and seamless 2-click booking. Fever has also created a media network where our online communities can look for inspiration and local information (Secret Media Network owner of media outlets like Secret NYC, Secret London or Madrid Secreto among others). Fever and its Secret Media Network inspires over 60 million people every month to discover the best experiences in their cities.
The preferences expressed by these communities allow us to create new experiences, which we call “Fever Originals”. These are proprietary experiences in which we follow a data-driven content creation strategy, using analytics to understand audiences, develop and optimize new formats. Some successful examples include the “Candlelight Concert Series” attended by over 3 million guests, the Los Angeles based “Stranger Things: The Drive-Into Experience” co-produced with Netflix, or the “Mad Hatter G&T Party”, all launched in multiple cities across the world.
With a team of over 900 people, Fever is currently present in more than 80 cities, with offices in many exciting cities such as New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, London, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, or Sydney, and is backed by leading institutional investors, including Rakuten Capital, Accel, and Atresmedia among others.
In order to pursue this objective we are looking for bar-raisers, people that want to work hard, have fun, and make history with us.
About the role
We are looking for a Junior PR & Communications Specialist to join our team focusing primarily on our Australian market.
Working as part of our Communications & PR team, the role will be based in Sydney and will provide you with a fantastic opportunity to be involved first hand with the PR of the company. From the execution of press campaigns to the organization of events, your role will cover a vast array of responsibilities - no two days are ever the same in Communications & PR.
- Write, develop and manage approvals for news releases, media advisories, fact sheets, and related media materials while delivering a regular drumbeat of content that tells the Fever’s corporate story
- Content creation & curation across paid, earned, and owned channels
- Organization of special events for press and influencers.
- Successfully manage complex, fast-moving and unexpected communications challenges
- Produce competitor reviews, research, performance, and recommendations where appropriate
- Keep agendas, clippings, trackers and records updated
- Daily contact with journalists:
- Answer phone calls from journalists, responding to their questions
- Check the press office’s email inbox for media enquiries
- Phone or email journalists to try to interest them in the organisation’s press releases and feature ideas
- Arrange for spokespeople to speak to the media
- Attend press conferences or interviews with the organisation’s spokespeople
- 1 to 3 years experiences
- Agency background is preferred
- Other language is a plus
- We are looking for a person with a self-starter mindset, a bachelor’s degree and experience in PR agencies or communication departments
- Willing to work independently with a level of anonymity + a real doer.
- Ambition to grow, as we'd like the profile to grow into a multi-regional position
You can expect to join a group of diverse, hardworking team players, where a cultural fit is someone willing to stay humble and learn and can work nimbly. We welcome applications with unusual backgrounds with the expectation that the applicant will have acquired hard or soft skills and maturity throughout their experiences.
Benefits & perks
- Attractive competitive salary
- Opportunity to have a real impact in a high-growth global category leader
- 40% discount on all Fever events and experiences
- Work in a location in the heart of Sydney with possible travel across our markets
- Home office friendly
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Great work environment with a young, international team of talented people to work with!
Fever is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workspace where everyone's background and ideas count. Our main goal is to find the best possible talent regardless of place of birth, racial or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, religion, opinion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, marital status, age or caring responsibilities. We encourage everyone to apply!