Staff Writer Internship - Los Angeles
Hi, we’re Fever!
Fever is the leading global tech-enabled entertainment discovery platform with a clear mission: to inspire through live entertainment.
Our mobile-first marketplace allows both discovery/inspiration and seamless 2-click booking. Fever has also created a media network where our online communities can look for inspiration and local information (Secret Media Network, owner of media outlets like Secret NYC, Secret London or Madrid Secreto among others). Fever and its Secret Media Network inspires over 80 million people every month to discover the best experiences in their cities.
The preferences expressed by these communities allow us to create new experiences, which we call “Fever Originals”. These are proprietary experiences in which we follow a data-driven content creation strategy, using analytics to understand audiences, develop and optimize new formats. Some successful examples include the “Candlelight Concert Series” attended by over 3 million guests, the Los Angeles based “Stranger Things: The Drive-Into Experience” co-produced with Netflix, or the “Mad Hatter G&T Party”, all launched in multiple cities across the world.
Fever is a US company with a team of over 1200 people, currently present in more than 100 cities, with offices in many exciting cities such as New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, London, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, or Sydney, and is backed by leading institutional investors, including Rakuten Capital, Accel, and Atresmedia among others.
In order to pursue this objective we are looking for bar-raisers, people that want to work hard, have fun, and make history with us!
About the Internship
The Secret Media Network (which publishes Madrid Secreto, Secret NYC, Secret Chicago, Secret London, etc.) is looking for an ambitious, creative and talented journalist/writer intern to join our editorial team, and create inspiring content for our sites and social channels.
Based in Los Angeles, you'll be joining a small but perfectly-formed editorial team covering the best arts, culture, food and drink in the city at a demanding pace. You'll get critical digital newsroom experience in writing, researching, and sharing content, using all our in-house systems to deliver the best possible product. Your main area of focus will be Secret LA, so having a local understanding of the city is a must.
We're looking for a talented writer to create brilliant articles about culture, entertainment, food & drink,
About the Role
- Finding digital focus stories and generating lots of article ideas, always thinking about its amplification on social media channels.
- Stay current on digital technology, data tools and social media trends.
- Writing engaging, accurate and informative articles and other social content and formats such as stories, video scripts, and social media copy captions.
- Little by little you’ll become an expert in the most important venues, events, news stories, and happenings in that city.
- Brilliant written English, with a warm, funny tone of voice.
- You must have previously published writing we can look at - student journalism and blog posts are all fine!
- Social media content creation skills are a plus (anything from TikToks to Twitter).
- Digital skills are also a plus, from Photoshop to using a CMS.
- Passionate about city life and the topics we cover, and tons of creative ideas.
- Excellent news sense and understanding of digital media trends, with a good feel for what makes content popular online.
- You’re a can-do person who takes on tasks proactively and sees things through to completion.
- Possibility of an agreement with school/university is compulsory.
- Having a local understanding of the city of Los Angeles is a must.
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to have a real impact in a high-growth global category leader.
- 40% discount on all Fever events and experiences.
- Work in a location in the heart of Los Angeles, with possible travel across our markets.
- Home office friendly.
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth.
- Great work environment with a young, international team of talented people to work with!
- We have free food, drinks and fruit at the office!
Fever is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workspace where everyone's background and ideas count. Our main goal is to find the best possible talent regardless of place of birth, racial or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, religion, opinion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, marital status, age, or caring responsibilities. We encourage everyone to apply!