Venue Scout (freelance)
- Lille, Lyon, Bordeaux, Marseille, Toulouse, Paris, France
- Fever Originals
Hi, we’re Fever!
Fever is the leading global tech-enabled entertainment discovery platform with a clear mission: to inspire through live entertainment.
Our mobile-first marketplace allows both discovery/inspiration and seamless 2-click booking. Fever has also created a media network where our online communities can look for inspiration and local information (Secret Media Network owner of media outlets like Secret NYC, Secret London or Madrid Secreto among others). Fever and its Secret Media Network inspires over 60 million people every month to discover the best experiences in their cities.
The preferences expressed by these communities allow us to create new experiences, which we call “Fever Originals”. These are proprietary experiences in which we follow a data-driven content creation strategy, using analytics to understand audiences, develop and optimize new formats. Some successful examples include the “Candlelight Concert Series” attended by over 3 million guests, the Los Angeles based “Stranger Things: The Drive-Into Experience” co-produced with Netflix, or the “Mad Hatter G&T Party”, all launched in multiple cities across the world.
Fever is a US company with a team of over 1000 people, currently present in more than 80 cities, with offices in many exciting cities such as New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, London, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, or Sydney, and is backed by leading institutional investors, including Rakuten Capital, Accel, and Atresmedia among others.
In order to pursue this objective we are looking for bar-raisers, people that want to work hard, have fun, and make history with us.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced, passionate, and critical-thinking Real Estate Expansion Manager to support Project Managers and Producers in ensuring that high-quality experiences are delivered.
This role requires flexibility, creativity, attention to detail, and the ability to meet deadlines while staying within budgets. The ideal candidate has a proven track record assessing buildings and spaces, managing landlord relationships, and working with multiple vendors and stakeholders.
You will be responsible for the due diligence of base buildings, maintaining a venue database, which will be organized according to a number of criteria you will develop with Fever’s production teams. You will be responsible for sourcing & securing venues for our Fever Originals experiences that will enhance the audience’s experience through authenticity and visual flair as well as managing the facilities requirements of venues. Strong communication and negotiation skills are critical to succeed in this role. The right candidate will be a self-starter and have strong interpersonal and project management skills.
You will also be responsible for identifying challenges and opportunities with venues and providing production teams with insights they need to plan events that are within budget and operationally sound.
- Liaise with all Originals / Ops / Production teams and Project Managers, bridging communication between internal and external stakeholders to provide a holistic view of venue options.
- Be responsible for due diligence of base buildings
- Source venues that coincide with the Producer’s concepts & designs, conduct site visits & collate necessary documentation to assess feasibility, ensuring chosen venues are suitable from experiential and financial perspectives
- Make sure design intent is correct and judge how design decisions will affect budget and schedule.
- Contact venues and negotiate fees, lease agreements, and terms with venue owners to use the location.
- Obtain all fire, police, and other governmental permits, and coordinate the logistics for the production
- Oversee venue-related issues across multiple large projects at once, while also overseeing standards for smaller events.
- Be judged on how you save CAPEX and OPEX by flagging issues early on
- Develop playbooks to be passed onto the production team and which can inform contracts
- Develop real estate trackers and deal trackers
- Working with production companies or suppliers, oversee return of a venue to its original condition at the end of a project.
- Represent Fever at site visits, meetings, and local events
You have a track record in property or real estate negotiations, facilities management, or live event production management, with an eye for details, and strong oral and written communication skills. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and pride yourself on your network, negotiation skills, and willingness to explore different cities to build up a portfolio of unique and beautiful venues.
In order to be successful in this role, you will be expected to be an entrepreneurial individual, willing to be hands-on and eager to demonstrate ownership. The role requires a mix of business development and operational experience. Candidates need to be passionate about the entertainment/events industry. You will have to be comfortable delivering results in an ambiguous environment, being exceptionally detail-orientated while looking around corners, and thinking bigger about how we create a compelling experience.
- Previous experience closing and negotiating real estate contracts, and/or live events production management
- Basic knowledge of reading floor plans and technical drawings
- Great networking skills and the ability to make smart partnerships happen
- You'll have strong communication skills and a proven track record of building positive working relationships.
- Excellent face-to-face communication skills
- Highly organized and efficient. Time management skills are key.
- A problem-solver with the ability to think strategically and efficiently when faced with issues on-site
- Collaborative approach and willing to get hands dirty and work on all required events tasks
- Strong academic background is a plus
- Domestic and international travel and work across time zones may be required
You can expect to join a group of diverse, hardworking team players, where a cultural fit is someone willing to stay humble and learn and can work nimbly. We welcome applications with unusual backgrounds, expecting that the applicant will have acquired hard or soft skills and maturity throughout their experiences.
This role is located in Paris.
Benefits and Perks:
- Attractive compensation package
- Opportunity to have a real impact in a high-growth global category leader
- 40% discount on all Fever events and experiences
- Work in a location in the heart of the city, with possible travel across our markets
- Home office friendly
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Great work environment with a young, international team of talented people to work with!
Fever is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workspace where everyone's background and ideas count. Our main goal is to find the best possible talent regardless of place of birth, racial or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, religion, opinion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, marital status, age, or caring responsibilities. We encourage everyone to apply!