Event Coordinator (Freelance)
Hi, we're Fever!
Fever is the global leading live-entertainment discovery tech platform, with a clear mission: to democratize access to culture and entertainment.
Fever has developed a proprietary technology that inspires its global community of over 125M people through personalized and curated experiences in their local city, whilst empowering entertainment and event creators to reach new audiences and enhance their experiences.
Some successful examples include the “Candlelight Concert Series” attended by over 3 million guests, the Los Angeles based “Stranger Things: The Drive-Into Experience” co-produced with Netflix, or the “Van Gogh: The Immersive Experience” winner of USA Today's 10 Best Readers Choice award.
The company, present in over 100 major cities across the globe, is backed by leading investors such as Goldman Sachs, Alignment Growth (growth equity investor in global entertainment and consumer tech, led by former Warner Bros and Time Warner), Goodwater Capital (the largest dedicated consumer technology platform globally), Smash Capital (a late-stage venture capital firm led by former Disney and growth equity investors, backer of Epic Games), Eurazeo, Vitruvian Partners and Atresmedia among others.
To pursue our objective, we are looking for bar-raisers, people that want to work hard, have fun, and make history with us.
Since July 2019, Fever Originals has produced a series of classical music concerts in a “candlelit setting” which takes place in the most intimate and undiscovered venues all over the world. Cities include: France (Paris, Toulouse, Lyon), Spain (Madrid, Barcelona, Seville, Valencia), Portugal (Lisbon and Porto), and the United States (Los Angeles, New York, and Chicago), and is in the process of expanding to your city! Candlelight has democratized classical music by sharing it with the general public and providing a unique experience for each of our audiences.
This will be a freelance & part-time role, responsibilities will include:
- Manage events from conception to delivery! You'll have to manage relationships with venues, musicians, and staff.
- Identify potential venues through contacting and executing walk-throughs and negotiations
- Research and hire top classical music performers such as pianists or string quartets
- Identify local providers and vendors for the execution of events; such as piano rental and print production companies
- Recruit and coordinate on-site event staff not limited to; ensuring each staff member is trained in their duties whether it is validating tickets, accommodating guests to their seats, and guaranteeing all staff goes through a thorough COVID-19 safety measures training while representing the Fever brand
- Daily reporting to Fever Originals Project Managers about the status of each event; including both the pre and post event findings and feedback
- Ensure production and sanitary materials are correctly distributed in the venue
- Opportunity to partake in an exciting and rapidly growing company and the possibility to manage Candlelight and other Fever Original Events in other cities
- Represent both the Fever and Candlelight brand fully through professional communication and management; acting as the main customer service representative at every event
- This role is based in Milan
- Previous event coordination experience, preferably music-related
- Previous experience closing venue and artist negotiations is a plus
- Excellent face-to-face communication skills
- Preferably accustomed to freelance work
- Highly organized and efficient. Time management skills are key.
- Leadership skills and experience managing small teams
- A problem-solver with the ability to think strategically and efficiently when faced with issues on-site
- Willing to learn from mistakes and give feedback on ways of improving the Candlelight experience
- Collaborative approach and willingness to get hands dirty and work on all required events tasks
- Fluent English speaker
- Strong academic background is a plus
- Classical music background is a plus