Commercial Content Writer
- London, London, United Kingdom
- Full Time
- Brand Partnerships
- Entry Level
Hi, we’re Fever!
Fever is the leading global tech-enabled entertainment discovery platform with a clear mission: to inspire through live entertainment.
Our mobile-first marketplace allows both discovery/inspiration and seamless 2-click booking. Fever has also created a media network where our online communities can look for inspiration and local information (Secret Media Network owner of media outlets like Secret NYC, Secret London, or Madrid Secreto among others). Fever and its Secret Media Network inspires over 60 million people every month to discover the best experiences in their cities.
The preferences expressed by these communities allow us to create new experiences, which we call “Fever Originals”. These are proprietary experiences in which we follow a data-driven content creation strategy, using analytics to understand audiences, develop and optimize new formats. Some successful examples include the “Candlelight Concert Series” attended by over 3 million guests, the Los Angeles based “Stranger Things: The Drive-Into Experience” co-produced with Netflix, or the “Mad Hatter G&T Party”, all launched in multiple cities across the world.
Fever is a US company with a team of over 750 people, currently present in more than 80 cities, with offices in many exciting cities such as New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, London, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, or Sydney, and is backed by leading institutional investors, including Rakuten Capital, Accel, and Atresmedia among others.
In order to pursue this objective we are looking for bar-raisers, people that want to work hard, have fun, and make history with us.
Secret Media is recruiting a full-time copywriter for its Creative Solutions team, based in our Camden office (& remotely).
We’re looking for someone who is highly organised, can write quickly and entertainingly, and has some digital publishing or marketing experience.
Day-to-day, you’ll be creating fun, informative and shareable content for our commercial partners across Secret Media cities in the UK, US and beyond! (You can take a look at some examples here.)
As well as writing articles, you might be scheduling social media posts, building newsletters, or engaging with our audience using Instagram stories. Keeping track of these tasks, across multiple campaigns, will be super-important; expertise with social and digital tools (e.g: Instagram Stories, Canva, Wordpress, Mailchimp) is a major plus.
You’ll be working on campaigns with awesome brands that want to engage with our adventurous followers in multiple cities. You’ll also help to generate creative ideas for new campaigns, and manage final feedback from our clients to ensure everything is on point. Attention to detail is really important here.
From time to time, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to the Secret London editorial team, but this role is first-and-foremost situated in the commercial department.
- Your written English should be perfect: creative, accurate, and idiomatic
- You’ll have previously published writing we can see (of either an editorial or commercial slant) even if it’s on your own blog or social channels
- A flair for all things social media
- Some experience in a digital marketing or editorial environment, from a newsroom to an agency, is highly desirable
- You’re calm and organised under pressure, managing a multitude of to-dos across different projects at any one time
- You have an up-to-date understanding of the industry and how native marketing works
- You’re creative and commercially insightful, and can come up with good ideas of how to connect different brands with our young, urban audience
- Naturally, you’ll be pleasant to work with and warm and professional with our clients
It would be nice if you...
- Are fluent in Spanish or French (but not crucial)
Notes on applying
- We typically receive 100+ applications for every role; if you’re interested, please apply as soon as possible. Applications are likely to close on June 30 at the absolute latest.
- If longlisted, the application process involves a creative/writing test, an aptitude test and two interviews.
- The start date for this role is ASAP, although we understand most candidates will have a notice period!
Benefits and Perks
- Attractive compensation package consisting of base salary and the potential to earn a significant bonus for top performance.
- Opportunity to have a real impact in a high-growth global category leader
- 40% discount on all Fever events and experiences
- Work in a location in the heart of London, with possible travel across our markets
- Home office friendly
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Great work environment with a young, international team of talented people to work with!
Fever is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workspace where everyone's background and ideas count. Our main goal is to find the best possible talent regardless of place of birth, racial or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, religion, opinion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, marital status, age, or caring responsibilities. We encourage everyone to apply!