Junior Privacy Counsel
- Madrid, Spain
- Full Time
- Entry Level
Fever is the leading global tech-enabled entertainment discovery platform with a clear mission: to inspire through live entertainment.
Our mobile-first marketplace allows both discovery/inspiration and seamless 2-click booking. Fever has also created a media network where our online communities can look for inspiration and local information (Secret Media Network owner of media outlets like Secret NYC, Secret London or Madrid Secreto among others). Fever and its Secret Media Network inspires over 60 million people every month to discover the best experiences in their cities.
The preferences expressed by these communities allow us to create new experiences, which we call “Fever Originals”. These are proprietary experiences in which we follow a data-driven content creation strategy, using analytics to understand audiences, develop and optimize new formats. Some successful examples include the “Candlelight Concert Series” attended by over 3 million guests, the Los Angeles based “Stranger Things: The Drive-Into Experience” co-produced with Netflix, or the “Mad Hatter G&T Party”, all launched in multiple cities across the world.
Fever is a US company with a team of over 950 people, currently present in more than 80 cities, with offices in many exciting cities such as New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, London, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, or Sydney, and is backed by leading institutional investors, including Rakuten Capital, Accel, and Atresmedia among others.
In order to pursue this objective we are looking for bar-raisers, people that want to work hard, have fun, and make history with us.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Junior Privacy Counsel, you will have the opportunity to have an impact in the development of global cutting edge privacy practices and policies, including the development of a compliance-centric product with excellent user experience.
You will report to the Senior Counsel - Privacy & Cybersecurity, and will interact on your day-to-day with other Senior leaders and members of the legal team. This role will require a certain level of proactivity, autonomy and problem-solving capacity, which will give you the opportunity to boost your professional and communication skills to the highest level. You will familiarize yourself closely with Fever’s mission and vision, structure, strategy, and objectives, and become one of the key privacy advisors within a fast-paced company undergoing an ambitious international expansion.
You will be expected to perform the following work, across different jurisdictions:
- Support Senior counsel in developing Fever’s privacy program to ensure Fever ongoing compliance with data protection laws across Europe (GDPR) and other international regulations (CCPA, LGPD, UK, etc.).
- Provide advice to the legal and other business teams on requirements and risks from a privacy and security perspectives for informed decision making.
- Assist in management and quality & assurance controls of Fever privacy program.
- Draft and review of Data Sharing and Data Processing Agreements.
- Coordinate responses to requests from individuals and law enforcement or government agencies.
- Provide counsel and oversight on the response to data breaches.
- Identify and escalate any significant or potential data protection or privacy issues.
- Bring a mitigating control or solution to every issue identified.
- Assist in design of training on personal data protection, cookies, etc.
In order to be successful in this role, you will:
- Be a barred lawyer in a EU jurisdiction or the UK.
- Have 2 or more years post-bar professional legal experience including in the implementation of EU/UK privacy compliance programs (policies, procedures, notices, etc.)
- An internationally recognized privacy certification, such as CDPP, CIPP/E or CIPM is a plus.
- Speak fluent English with a command of legal English, with Spanish, Italian or French fluency a plus.
- Have an excellent academic record or experience in top-notch companies or top-tier law-firms.
- Team-player commitment and technology affinity with marketplace platforms and digital services.
You can expect to join a lovely team of diverse, hardworking and kind professionals, where a cultural fit is someone looking to have an impact and work nimbly. We will strive to provide you the tools and information needed to be successful at your role and to grow professionally.
We welcome applications with unusual backgrounds with the expectation that the applicant will have acquired the necessary hard / soft skills and maturity throughout their experiences.
This role is located at Fever’s HQ in Madrid, and although we can be flexible with the timing you will be expected to move there if you are currently living elsewhere.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Attractive compensation package consisting of base salary and the potential to earn a significant bonus for top performance.
- Opportunity to have a real impact in a high-growth global category leader
- 40% discount on all Fever events and experiences
- Work in a location in the heart of Madrid, with possible travel across our markets
- Home office friendly
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Great work environment with a young, international team of talented people to work with!
- Health insurance and other benefits such as Flexible remuneration with a 100% tax exemption through Cobee.English Lessons
- Possibility to receive in advance part of your salary by Payflow
- We have free food, drinks and fruit at the office!
Fever is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workspace where everyone's background and ideas count. Our main goal is to find the best possible talent regardless of place of birth, racial or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, religion, opinion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, marital status, age, or caring responsibilities. We encourage everyone to apply!