- Montreal, QC, Canada
- Full Time
- Sales and Business Development
Fever is the leading global tech-enabled entertainment discovery platform with a clear mission: to inspire through live entertainment.
Our mobile-first marketplace allows both discovery/inspiration and seamless 2-click booking. Fever has also created a media network where our online communities can look for inspiration and local information (Secret Media Network owner of media outlets like Secret NYC, Secret London or Madrid Secreto among others). Fever and its Secret Media Network inspires over 60 million people every month to discover the best experiences in their cities.
The preferences expressed by these communities allow us to create new experiences, which we call “Fever Originals”. These are proprietary experiences in which we follow a data-driven content creation strategy, using analytics to understand audiences, develop and optimize new formats. Some successful examples include the “Candlelight Concert Series” attended by over 3 million guests, the Los Angeles based “Stranger Things: The Drive-Into Experience” co-produced with Netflix, or the “Mad Hatter G&T Party”, all launched in multiple cities across the world.
Fever is a US company with a team of over 1000 people, currently present in more than 80 cities, with offices in many exciting cities such as New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, London, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, or Sydney, and is backed by leading institutional investors, including Rakuten Capital, Accel, and Atresmedia among others.
In order to pursue this objective we are looking for bar-raisers, people that want to work hard, have fun, and make history with us.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The General Manager position at Fever is one of the most important roles in the company, as it is key in successfully launching and managing a new market.
Main responsibilities include
- Set up initial network of event organizer relationships as well as the local sales process
- Hire initial team in local market and manage ongoing hiring needs
- Lead large strategic local business development efforts
- Manage local market growth through coordinated sales and marketing initiatives, coordinating directly with the CMO, Global VP of Sales, and CEO
- Represent Fever at local events and with local PR
- Report, and be responsible for quarterly performance goals
- Communicate product/process needs to HQ, work with product/engineering to deliver on them
- Help scale other cities within your region
- Collaborate and share best practices with fellow GM’s covering other regions, and lead certain global initiatives
- Candidates need to be passionate about the offline entertainment industry.
- This is a position based in Montreal.
This role demands an entrepreneurial individual with a track-record of launching businesses into new markets or new business segments. The role requires a mix of business development and operational experience.
- 5+ years consulting, operational management or general management experience
- History of managing impactful projects, with significant problem solving skills
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Stellar networking skills and the ability to make impactful partnerships happen
- Strong track record of achieving goals and exceeding business expectations
- Entrepreneurial DNA, commercial mindset, fearless attitude
- Experience being involved in high-growth, high-impact projects
- Top-notch academic background (MBA is a plus)
- Attractive compensation package consisting of significant stock package, base salary, and performance-based bonus
- Opportunity to have a real impact in a high-growth global category leader
- 40% discount on all Fever events and experiences
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Great work environment with a fun, international team of talented people to work with!
Fever is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workspace where everyone's background and ideas count. Our main goal is to find the best possible talent regardless of place of birth, racial or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, religion, opinion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, marital status, age, or caring responsibilities. We encourage everyone to apply!