Paralegal - US Native
- Madrid, Madrid, Spain
- Full Time
- Mid Level
Fever is the leading global tech-enabled entertainment discovery platform with a clear mission: to inspire through live entertainment.
Our mobile-first marketplace allows both discovery/inspiration and seamless 2-click booking. Fever has also created a media network where our online communities can look for inspiration and local information (Secret Media Network owner of media outlets like Secret NYC, Secret London or Madrid Secreto among others). Fever and its Secret Media Network inspires over 60 million people every month to discover the best experiences in their cities.
The preferences expressed by these communities allow us to create new experiences, which we call “Fever Originals”. These are proprietary experiences in which we follow a data-driven content creation strategy, using analytics to understand audiences, develop and optimize new formats. Some successful examples include the “Candlelight Concert Series” attended by over 3 million guests, the Los Angeles based “Stranger Things: The Drive-Into Experience” co-produced with Netflix, or the “Mad Hatter G&T Party”, all launched in multiple cities across the world.
Fever is a US company with a team of over 900 people, currently present in more than 80 cities, with offices in many exciting cities such as New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, London, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, or Sydney, and is backed by leading institutional investors, including Rakuten Capital, Accel, and Atresmedia among others.
In order to pursue this objective we are looking for bar-raisers, people that want to work hard, have fun, and make history with us.
What do we do?
Fever’s marketplace is composed of events and experiences hosted by organizers that we provide visibility to via our marketplace and media network.
However, given that Fever and our Secret Media Network provide us with millions of data points and insights around how people consume offline entertainment, we are now able to go one step further in the value chain and create our own “Fever Originals” experiences, similar to how Netflix has begun to create their own shows. We believe there is a huge opportunity to create more of our own content, and continue to provide an amazing content offering to our users!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a non-lawyer member of the Legal Team, you will report directly to the Lead Counsel. This is a role that will require proactivity, autonomy, and drive. You will familiarise yourself closely with Fever’s mission, vision and structure, manage operationally relevant matters. From day one your support for the Legal Team’s lean operating model will allow you to contribute to the creation and establishment of lean procedures, all within a fast-paced company undergoing an ambitious international expansion.
You will be expected to work in the following areas, with complexity and variety of duties assigned to be adapted to your evolving skills and your appetite for growth:
- Work with in-house counsel and other teams regarding the collection and maintenance of evidence and discovery materials related to litigation
- Assist in preparing reports, including on legal matters affecting Fever, as well as Legal Team key statistics (workload, expenses, etc.)
- Write and revise charts, memoranda, correspondence, and other documents
- Collect and analyse information: contracts, terms and conditions, and similar legal documents
- Implementing knowledge management policies for the Legal Team
- Oversee and execute senior executive’ signature processes
- Liaise with office management, operations, HR and other internal personnel to resolve day-to-day issues and handle administrative matters
- Participate in the ongoing compliance functions as required
- Prioritise your and others’ work
- Have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree (not a law degree)
- Speak fluent English (familiarity with legal English and fluency in Spanish a plus)
- Have 3-5 years or more years of professional experience in a corporate environment (including in HR teams, real estate, insurance, commercial).
- Have an excellent attention to detail
- Trustworthy, with ownership over work entrusted to you
- Work dexterously with document processors (Office or Gdocs)
- Be an effective communicator who brings emotional intelligence to work
You can expect to join a lovely team of diverse, hardworking and kind professionals, where a cultural fit is someone looking to bring value and work horizontally and nimbly. We will work to provide you the tools and information needed to be successful at your role. We welcome applications with unusual backgrounds with the expectation that the applicant will have acquired the necessary hard / soft skills and maturity throughout their experiences.
This role is located at Fever’s HQ in Madrid, and although we can be flexible with the timing you will be expected to move there if you are currently living elsewhere.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary.
- Opportunity to have a real impact in a high-growth global category leader
- 40% discount on all Fever events and experiences
- Work in a location in the heart of Madrid, with possible travel across our markets
- Home office friendly
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Great work environment with a young, international team of talented people to work with!
- Health insurance and other benefits such as Flexible remuneration with a 100% tax exemption through Cobee.
- English Lessons
- We have free food, drink and fruit at the office!
- Possibility to receive in advance part of your salary by Payflow
Fever is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workspace where everyone's background and ideas count. Our main goal is to find the best possible talent regardless of place of birth, racial or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, religion, opinion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, marital status, age or caring responsibilities. We encourage everyone to apply!