Hi, we're Fever & Secret Media Network!
Fever is the leading entertainment discovery platform, with a mission to inspire people through experiences. We are looking for bar-raisers who want to work hard, have fun and make history with us. Fever combines its marketplace and Secret Media Network (such as Secret London, Secret NYC, Secret Los Angeles, Madrid Secreto, Paris Secret) through technology to reach over 30 million people every single week. Fever has also rolled out Fever Originals, which are proprietary events in which we follow a data-driven content creation strategy, using analytics to understand audiences and develop new, unique experiences.
Fever & SMN are present in over 80 cities worldwide, in countries such as the UK, US, Canada, France, Brazil, Mexico, Australia, and Spain, and are constantly striving to expand to new markets. Backed by top-notch institutional investors, including Rakuten Capital, Accel, and Atresmedia, we have continued to disrupt the entertainment space (even during the pandemic) with socially-distanced event launches like the Stranger Things Drive Into— the largest event in the world in 2020!
ABOUT THE TEAM
Secret Media Network is a digital media group focused on recommending perfect plans and discovering great places in different cities around the world. Our goal is our audience to be a city insider. Our family is composed of Secret Chicago, Secret LA, Secret NYC, Secret London, Lisboa Secreta, Paris Secret, Madrid Secreto, Barcelona Secreta, Valencia Secreta and Sevilla Secreta, and more!
ABOUT THE JOB
We are currently looking for a LA-based Videographer Intern to join the US team. Working within a fun, dynamic and fast-growing start-up, this new role provides an excellent opportunity for a junior videographer to showcase their skills to a large and highly engaged audience. We’re looking for someone who can create fizzy, distinctive videos about LA life, by combining motion graphics and original video content for our Secret Chicago platforms.
- Visiting places throughout the city each week to shoot experiential videos (e.g. openings, events, pop-up experiences)
- Edit a wide range of social media videos: unscripted and scripted, using both original and archival footage (including branded content)
- Quickly assemble edits and proactively experiment with different versions of an edit, exploring multiple directions
- Create a polished final edit with colouring, sound mix and captions to be published on social channels
- Identifying exciting potential video/photo topics and arranging shoots
- Planning out interviews, storyboarding, scripting and potentially casting, to turn general concepts into highly watchable, sharable pieces
- Experience in working on professional-quality scripted and unscripted video is a plus (showreel and portfolio of previous work; any relevant social media links accepted as well)
- Currently studying a bachelor’s degree or similar in Film, Design, Communication or related field
- Confidence in writing video copy
- Social media content creation skills are a huge plus (anything from TikToks to Youtube)
- Keen interest in latest trends in social media and digital video platforms
- Ability to work independently with a team
- Willingness to work outside office hours and tight deadlines when necessary
- Passionate about city life and the topics we cover
- Excellent understanding of digital media trends, with a good feel for what makes content shareable online
- A can-do person who takes on tasks proactively and sees things through to completion
- Advanced knowledge of After Effects, Premiere Pro, Photoshop and Media Encoder
- Comfortable creating video and still imagery using digital cameras (Sony Alpha series, GoPro, iPhone, etc.)
- Motion graphics and titling experience
- Confidence in ability to create diverse video formats such as cinemagraphs, gifs and typographical animation
- Knowledge of digital media including codecs, image types, resolutions, frame rates and the latest digital workflows
- Experience conducting interviews
- Understanding of basic color-correction (Premiere), basic sound design and mixing (Premiere and Audition)
- Opportunity to have a real impact in a high-growth global category leader
- 40% discount on all Fever events and experiences
- Home office friendly and flexible schedule
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Health and dental insurance
- Great work environment with a young, international team of talented people to work with!