General Event Manager
Hi, we’re Fever!
Fever is the global leading live-entertainment discovery tech platform, with a clear mission: to democratize access to culture and entertainment.
Fever has developed a proprietary technology that inspires its global community of over 125M people through personalized and curated experiences in their local city, whilst empowering entertainment and event creators to reach new audiences and enhance their experiences.
Some successful examples include the “Candlelight Concert Series” attended by over 3 million guests, the Los Angeles based “Stranger Things: The Drive-Into Experience” co-produced with Netflix, or the “Van Gogh: The Immersive Experience” winner of USA Today's 10 Best Readers Choice award.
The company, present in over 100 major cities across the globe, is backed by leading investors such as Goldman Sachs, Alignment Growth (growth equity investor in global entertainment and consumer tech, led by former Warner Bros and Time Warner), Goodwater Capital (the largest dedicated consumer technology platform globally), Smash Capital (a late-stage venture capital firm led by former Disney and growth equity investors, backer of Epic Games), Eurazeo, Vitruvian Partners and Atresmedia among others.
To pursue our objective, we are looking for bar-raisers, people that want to work hard, have fun, and make history with us.
About the Role:
We are looking for an General Manager to lead and manage an Experiential Pop-up Museum “Choco Town” opening in Boston in 2022.
This is a freelance and a part-time position. Responsibilities will include:
- On-site management and operations of an immersive pop-up museum “Choco Town” located inside CambridgeSide Mall
- Develop a process for a smooth daily run of the experience as well the continuous maintenance of the experience standards
- Set up a coordinated system for storage and handling of stock
- Stock management & ordering of supplies needed for the experience
- Training all staff members and manage suppliers if needed
- Coordination of schedules of vendors and staff members including food handlers, ambassador level staff, staff manager, security, cleaners, and tech personnel within budget
- Handle payroll
- Operational budget control
- Working alongside the Executive Producer and Production Director to ensure the continued quality of the show for the entirety of the run
- Ensuring a high standard of cleanliness and safety in the venue, especially all COVID-related safety procedures
- Handle any problems/ special requests with guests
- Handle guestlist and assist with guests check-in procedures
- Weekly reporting on daily issues to management
Schedule & Pay:
The contract will be for ~3 months starting immediately and running to the end of September 2022, and could be extended based on the success of the project. The experience is open from Thursday to Sunday several times per day between 11 am and 8 pm on weekdays and 11 am and 9 pm on the weekends (Friday, Saturday). Additional weekdays might be added depending on the success of the projects.
You will also be required to dedicate some time during the week to managing stock, ordering, and other experience-related on-site tasks.
Rate: Will be discussed during the interviewing process.
- You have 3+ years of previous experience in a management position for an experiential pop-up event, amusement park, or hospitality establishment with high foot traffic. Experience working with young children is a plus.
- You are highly motivated and with a high energy profile.
- You are a strong leader who is used to engaging with the public and managing staff.
- You are able to work autonomously and at your own initiative
- You have excellent communication skills
- You know how to plan your own time appropriately to maximize business performance
- You are legally allowed to work in the US
- You are based in Boston / Cambridge, MA
Email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “GM for Choco Town”