- Bristol, United Kingdom
- Full Time
- Mid Level
Fever is the leading global tech-enabled entertainment discovery platform with a clear mission: to inspire through live entertainment.
Our mobile-first marketplace allows both discovery/inspiration and seamless 2-click booking. Fever has also created a media network where our online communities can look for inspiration and local information (Secret Media Network owner of media outlets like Secret NYC, Secret London or Madrid Secreto among others). Fever and its Secret Media Network inspires over 60 million people every month to discover the best experiences in their cities.
The preferences expressed by these communities allow us to create new experiences, which we call “Fever Originals”. These are proprietary experiences in which we follow a data-driven content creation strategy, using analytics to understand audiences, develop and optimize new formats. Some successful examples include the “Candlelight Concert Series” attended by over 3 million guests, the Los Angeles based “Stranger Things: The Drive-Into Experience” co-produced with Netflix, or the “Mad Hatter G&T Party”, all launched in multiple cities across the world.
Fever is a US company with a team of over 1000 people, currently present in more than 80 cities, with offices in many exciting cities such as New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, London, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, or Sydney, and is backed by leading institutional investors, including Rakuten Capital, Accel, and Atresmedia among others.
In order to pursue this objective we are looking for bar-raisers, people that want to work hard, have fun, and make history with us.
About the Team
Secret Media Network is a digital media group focused on recommending perfect plans, discovering great places, sharing things to do and relevant breaking news in different cities around the world. Our family is composed of Secret Chicago, Secret LA, Secret NYC, Secret Atlanta, Secret Miami, Secret Toronto, Secret London, Lisboa Secreta, Paris Secret, Madrid Secreto, Barcelona Secreta, and more!
About the Job
We are currently looking for a Bristol-based Staff Writer to join the UK team! Working within a fun, dynamic and fast-growing start-up, this new role provides an excellent opportunity for journalism and social media creative to showcase their skills to a large and highly engaged audience. We’re looking for someone who can create buzzy, original content about Bristol life for our Bristol Secret Media platforms.
- Find brilliant stories and generating lots of article ideas for Bristol
- Write engaging, accurate and informative articles, at pace, about those topics
- Create social media posts, writing video captions, liaising with our marketing team to ensure we’re optimising copy to drive sales and/or awareness, or covering a branded event using Instagram stories. (Keeping track of these tasks, across multiple campaigns, will be essential in this role.)
- Generate creative ideas to implement across social channels
We're looking for someone who:
- Is passionate about discovering the best and coolest things to do in Bristol
- Has previous digital writing experience
- Has a love for storytelling and content creation
- Has a working knowledge of social media best practices, and a keen interest in latest trends in social media and digital platforms
- Very sharp news sense of what makes a story shareable on social
- Strong familiarity with social and digital publishing tools
- An organized approach to managing their beat
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to have a real impact in a high-growth global category leader
- 40% discount on all Fever events and experiences
- Home office friendly and flexible schedule
- Competitive pension plan
- Working with a young, international team of talented people!
Fever is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workspace where everyone's background and ideas count. Our main goal is to find the best possible talent regardless of place of birth, racial or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, religion, opinion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, marital status, age or caring responsibilities. We encourage everyone to apply!